Day of Defeat: Source added to coming soon. Updated oct 6th

Iced_Eagle said:
That's sweet sweet news to my eyes :)
yay iced eagle didn't FLAME me. :cheers: :E
So maybe it will be released a little bit later tonight or tomorrow night or not. Guess we will find out. But this is progress guys.

Let's hope this is going to stay accurate!

To all you haxxors out there:
Stay off the Valve server! Don't cause any more dumbass delays so you can go to your friend's AOL chatroom and say, "OMGoxxors!!!!2111!!1onwonwown!! I |2 teh leetest of teh leet as I have haxxed into the Valve site and stolen teh betaz of teh HL:S and teh DoD:S! BUT OH NOES! Now it es teh delayed! LOLOMGWTFLMAOROLFMAOWTFWTFWTFOMGoxxers! HL2 WILL ROXXORS YOUR BOXXERS!
The end of the wait is NEAR!

BetaMaster said:
Let's hope this is going to stay accurate!

To all you haxxors out there:
Stay off the Valve server! Don't cause any more dumbass delays so you can go to your friend's AOL chatroom and say, "OMGoxxors!!!!2111!!1onwonwown!! I |2 teh leetest of teh leet as I have haxxed into the Valve site and stolen teh betaz of teh HL:S and teh DoD:S! BUT OH NOES! Now it es teh delayed! LOLOMGWTFLMAOROLFMAOWTFWTFWTFOMGoxxers! HL2 WILL ROXXORS YOUR BOXXERS!
The end of the wait is NEAR!
You probably just gave them an idea.

YAY!

Now we still gotta wait for it.
Hopefully they will release CS:S with the update.

notice HL:S is to be added to the list as well tomorrow:

Codename Gordon
May 17, 2004

Condition Zero
August 11, 2004

Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes
July 14, 2004

Counter-Strike
August 11, 2004

Counter-Strike: Source Beta
September 08, 2004

Day of Defeat
July 07, 2004

Day of Defeat: Source
October 05, 2004

Deathmatch Classic
April 02, 2004

Dedicated Server
May 03, 2004

Half-Life
April 28, 2004

Half-Life 2
August 26, 2004

Half-Life 2 Movies
July 16, 2003

Half-Life: Source
October 06, 2004

Linux Dedicated Server
April 02, 2004

Opposing Force
April 02, 2004

Ricochet
April 02, 2004

Team Fortress Classic
April 28, 2004

Yeah, I noticed that. But when shall it all be released? That is the question that remains in the air.

EDIT
-----
AND OPPOSING FORCE WILL BE ON STEAM, IT APPEARS!

by the way they have added it now.......much later than HL2...maybe this time next year :thumbs:

EDIT: check the pic..opposing force has been for a while

Attachments

• steam.JPG
    steam.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 513
BetaMaster said:
EDIT
-----
...Opposing Force has been on steam for about a year.

cadaveca said:
notice HL:S is to be added to the list as well tomorrow:

Codename Gordon
May 17, 2004

Condition Zero
August 11, 2004

Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes
July 14, 2004

Counter-Strike
August 11, 2004

Counter-Strike: Source Beta
September 08, 2004

Day of Defeat
July 07, 2004

Day of Defeat: Source
October 05, 2004

Deathmatch Classic
April 02, 2004

Dedicated Server
May 03, 2004

Half-Life
April 28, 2004

Half-Life 2
August 26, 2004

Half-Life 2 Movies
July 16, 2003

Half-Life: Source
October 06, 2004

Linux Dedicated Server
April 02, 2004

Opposing Force
April 02, 2004

Ricochet
April 02, 2004

Team Fortress Classic
April 28, 2004

looks at dod source Day of Defeat: Source
October 05, 2004

BetaMaster said:
Yeah, I noticed that. But when shall it all be released? That is the question that remains in the air.

EDIT
-----

What? Uhh...

Attachments

• op4.JPG
    op4.JPG
    1.1 KB · Views: 345
Mr-Fusion said:
...Opposing Force has been on steam for about a year.
Yeah...Uhh...Now I feel really stupid. I meant Blue Shift, and that's not on the list, so never mind :afro:

BetaMaster said:
Ah crap.

To all you "1337" haxxors out there:
Ignore my last post.

lol funy stuff right there... i hope this is true, dod source will kick some serious bootay!

-merc

Hellz yeah with DoD source added with CS source thats good enough MP goodness for me, cause I luvs that DoD cant imagine the physics in DoD!! :bounce:

Agent.M said:
Hellz yeah with DoD source added with CS source thats good enough MP goodness for me, cause I luvs that DoD cant imagine the physics in DoD!! :bounce:

this dies not mean we will get the game free...it 's just being added to the "coming soon" list.

i hoping that this means that we might get CS:S tomorrow...but i am not counting on it

cadaveca said:
this dies not mean we will get the game free...it 's just being added to the "coming soon" list.

i hoping that this means that we might get CS:S tomorrow...but i am not counting on it

Free or not I dont care, ill buy it if its not free Im just glad to see something about it.

There's something I never thought of before... Day of Defeat Source out before Half-Life 2 singleplayer as well? Uhhh...

i doubt well see dod:s before HL2. not being a pessimist, but i was under the impression that most of the dod team has been at work on HL2. now i know that things at valve have calmed down a little since the rc is in, but i dont think dod:s is finished.

Im glad they were working on something else rather than getting their own mod ready for release.

Good organisation. Dear god, keep vehicals out of day of defeat.

urseus said:
Im glad they were working on something else rather than getting their own mod ready for release.

Good organisation. Dear god, keep vehicals out of day of defeat.

Yeah they should keep'em outta some maps, but I also pray that they do add vehicles to maybe some newer maps that can support them. This is vavle implementing vehicles, the way they do it maybe totaly different than the way say DICE or Epic do it, we may end up liking them alot.

Its not the way they are implimented really.

If players can control something limited, there will be idiots.

That man has something i want, so i will kill him or it to prevent him from having it. Its basic male compeditivness. Thats why you have plane campers in Battlefield. What a waste of men on the ground. Whereas you take something like day of defeat, where the only thing that seperates you from another player is a different gun. That doesnt matter, because you can respawn with his gun next round if you choose. No men camping at spawn, no men pissing around on a tank or plane with their mates, just pure combat and pushing foward to kill the enemy.

The only vehicals that wouldnt detract from gameplay would be an automated plane that you leap out of, or an AI controled take that protects an area you have just taken.

Nice find and damn you guys find everything. hehe

I still see an extraordinary amount of idiots in Dod despite no vehicles.

I still see a guy camping the first British flag on Caen with a Bren for 15 minutes.
I still see allied snipers not doing anything when the fountain at zalec is capped. They just sit there for 10 minutes looking at nothing.
I still guys sitting on their bellies on Charlie sniping axis troops, yes it's helpful but not when the guy with 500 ping named "Major Koeniglolloolalala11" sits there trying to hit things.

Vehicles will probably just transfer the idiocy. Idiots will flock to vehicles instead of sitting at spawn proned with machine guns.

lol Dod is so full of ways for morons to ruin the fun.

I can't wait for new ww2 mods for HL2 :LOL:

Phosis said:
No more WW2 Mods and/or games.

Agreed to many and to many are horrible. Never like war games.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Agreed to many and to many are horrible. Never like war games.

I don't get why some mods just have to be based around some war. What happened to wizard wars?
That was an excellent mod and had nothing to do with a non-fictional war.
If you want to make it a war game try and expand on it by making it an alternate reality like in Iron Storm.
Friggin' Clones.

I totally wanna make a cartoony backyard wrestling mod. It'd be awesome if i could pull it off right

urseus said:
Its not the way they are implimented really.

If players can control something limited, there will be idiots.

That man has something i want, so i will kill him or it to prevent him from having it. Its basic male compeditivness. Thats why you have plane campers in Battlefield. What a waste of men on the ground. Whereas you take something like day of defeat, where the only thing that seperates you from another player is a different gun. That doesnt matter, because you can respawn with his gun next round if you choose. No men camping at spawn, no men pissing around on a tank or plane with their mates, just pure combat and pushing foward to kill the enemy.

The only vehicals that wouldnt detract from gameplay would be an automated plane that you leap out of, or an AI controled take that protects an area you have just taken.

Thats why you join a clan or play on clan servers there are plenty of ways around the imature people, i did it in DC and Im doing it in RO for UT2004..... I dont see this as a reason to not implement vehicles really.

Mr-Fusion said:
Idiots will flock to vehicles instead of sitting at spawn proned with machine guns.

In DoD if you let the enemy get to your spawn in the first place you suck I dont see a problem with someone if they can make it all the way to your spawn and setup....good for them.

nobody see's a conspiracy on that page? C'mon now, people....

Back