Day Of Defeat: Source Beta Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A big new update for Day Of Defeat: Source Beta has been released, check out the change list below:
  • Added Steamworks stats
  • New team identifier icons as rewards for completing achievements - 1 per class achievement, and 1 for completing all achievements
  • Added cvar dod_friendlyfiresafezone - units around the player where they will do no direct damage on FF on servers ( default 100 units )
  • Dropping a weapon in the spawn and changing class will now fizzle out the dropped weapon
  • Fixed unducking while jumping potentially getting you stuck in the roof
  • Player model fixes to address the 'left peek' issue
  • Fixed kb_act default binding for large map being broken
  • Marked r_screenfademinsize and r_screenfademaxsize as cheats
  • Players now respawn even if they have the class menu up - changing class will respawn them instantly now
  • Fixed "Don't Tread On Me" achievement triggering off of bomb defuses
  • Fixed long range rocket achievement being awarded when you kill an ironsight k98 or garand
  • Fixed picking up an mg42 with an empty clip playing the wrong animation
  • Achievement progress now stored in steam
  • Added more default crosshairs
  • Adjusted scoreboard to make the local player a bit more readable

My stats got killed like 2 times. Almost have some nice achievements. Saw the update played for like 3 hours thinking yes now ill get them. I quit boom everything gone :/ Don't think they fixed them yet.

how about some frickin new maps??? The game has collected cobwebs for me now!! :(

The game still oscillates between being really fun and ridiculously irritating, so I've been having trouble getting into it again. Of course, I just don't find it generally as fun as the old Goldsrc version. I'm tired of shooting right through enemy players at a distance and having them whip around and plug my head with their SMG.

Maybe it's because half the servers I join are populated with nothing but hardcore German players who rape everybody.

Back