Day of defeat source screenshots

S

sam_justice

Don't know if you guys have seen em, but if you hevent check it out, it doesnt look to different lol

themakingofdods.jpg

dods.jpg

the second picture looks kind of old, my though is on that weapon model...

MadHatter said:
Is your sig related to Neverwinter Nights?
That's kinda offtopic :)
Aribeth -> NWN
Sarevok -> BG I

MadHatter said:
Is your sig related to Neverwinter Nights?

oh yeah, Lady Aribeth... i knew that sig looked kinda familiar!

It doesnt look very good imo, Call of Duty looks better.

Looks pretty, but will it stop the unending amout of camping in that game?

This was posted on the Steam forums about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Its screenshots taken from a presentation Waldo from the DoD Dev Team spoke at. The talk was on modifying existing videogames to suit training programs.

They are early screenshots where the models and even the HUD hadnt even been changed from the current version of DoD. So judgments are really premature and unfair.

If DoD's previous envelope-pushing graphics that came from HL1 are anything to go by then expect a completely beautiful game on Source.

Hay dod team you should work on counterstrike rather than your own mod!!

urseus said:

I am very disappointed to hear this incoherent crap come from an Australian...

I guess no one is perfect

I'll be honest. Valve's idea to make instant cash by throwing in better lighting and specular highlights with dated graphics and ultra low poly model makes DOD look worse than COD or any quake 3 engine game.

FFS, why don't you just work on ONE port and make it look nice instead of rehashes of many and they all look like crap? They aren't making good use of their engine at all, visually...

lans said:
I'll be honest. Valve's idea to make instant cash by throwing in better lighting and specular highlights with dated graphics and ultra low poly model makes DOD look worse than COD or any quake 3 engine game.

FFS, why don't you just work on ONE port and make it look nice instead of rehashes of many and they all look like crap? They aren't making good use of their engine at all, visually...
100% agreed.

urseus said:
I want you to take a metal rod and insert it into your eye. Please.
You moron.
Anyway, that's obviously an early shot, a taste of things to come.

Wow those are super old. Month+

I really hope they fix that M1 Garand model. Everything on it is overly pronounced (the sights, the barrel looks stretched) and just makes it look bad.

I still kind of hope that Valve surprises us with some sort of DM or something. :p

Wrong forum and use search plz.

I love DoD b u i do not like them source pics , i think they could of done alot better, or mayb they dnt want to give too much away who knows.

urseus said:

this statement is so stupid im presuming its a joke.

either way, urseus, if you could go ahead and remove your left kidney with this old rusty shoe horn, that'd be great.

MiccyNarc said:
I want you to take a metal rod and insert it into your eye. Please.
You moron.
Anyway, that's obviously an early shot, a taste of things to come.

So i guess you guys think it was a good idea for the day of defeat team to have been working on counterstrike, rather than their own mod, and thus slowing it down so its release date is now sometime next year rather than with HL2.

I mean jesus, stay on your own mod. Im sure theres plenty of people who could have worked on counterstrike.

Also i think my sarcasm went over a few heads in here.

haha caught?

What the hell are you talking about.

You think i talk like that normally? I was being sarcastic. The day of defeat team should have been working on their own mod rather than counterstrike.

Yeah I was going to say that he must of been sarcastic because the DoD team actually did work on CS:S to get it out on time.

Back