de_courthouse

A

Azlan

On the heels of two very successful map releases (cs_mansion and cs_docks_djfinal), DjBourgeoisie has just released his most impressive map to date entitled de_courthouse.

(Click link for more info and 25 screen shots http://www.punkassfraggers.com/downloads/de_courthouse/)

This map takes full advantage of the Source engine and is absolutely stunning. This is a mid to large sized map. There are great ambient city noises, sirens and car horns, traffic etc. It really lends to the overall ambience of the map. It sets the mood.

The T's spawn out front of the courthouse. They can go through the yard and straight up the steps into the Building or they can go down the street on the left side of the building to bomb site B. If they go in the courthouse, there are a few ways to the bombsite and the vent system. If they head down the street, they have to make there way through a nasty old apartment building, out a window, down a fire escape and through an alley to get to Bomb site B outside of the holding cell area. There are great choke points, battle areas, sniper areas and hiding spots. This map also has great rushing capabilities. The alley on the way to B has lots of hard to get to balconies, areas to hide in and ambush spots.

There are some REALLY funny things hidden in this map as well. I'm not going to spoil them for you, I'll let you find them once they are released.

--------------------------------------------

Back Story:

A member of the Terrorist organization "Phoenix Faction" is set to go on trial for the assassination of a high ranking government official. To prevent the trial from taking place, the Phoenix Faction has plotted to destroy the courthouse, and rescue their captured member being incarcerated in one of the prison cells located on site. At the last minute, a police informant contacted the local police and tipped them off about the terrorist's plot.

Terrorists: bomb the courthouse and rescue your captured member.
Counter-terrorists: prevent the bombing at all costs.

Download Link: http://downloads.punkassfraggers.com

---------------------------------------------

This map will be featured in the upcoming PAF CS Source Map Pack2. The PAF CS Source Map Pack #1 has now been downloaded over 100,000 times worldwide and is being featured in PC Gaming Publications in the UK and Italy. The next pack will have over 20 hand picked maps, submitted by some of the worlds top mappers. This pack should be out in February 2005.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this release. I hope that it is worthy of your news page.

SoopaFlyYT
Owner
Punk Ass Fraggers
www.punkassfraggers.com

Recieved this via email, thought I would share for you CSers. Map looks incredible!

Do the bots play in this?

I tried it last night and my machine slowed down to a crawl, and the bots didn't move..... Anyone playing it ok with them in?

"This map takes full advantage of the Source engine and is absolutely stunning"

I would hardly say its stunning... It's a nice looking map but nothing spectacular...

CombineHarvester, the bots dont work for me or my friends either :(

yeah, map didn't lag me any more then other maps...and the layout is subpar

Back