de_officeblock complete!

[NESW]Rossi

Reaction score
I'm pleased to announce that this map is now complete. There are some imperfections but I have to draw the line somewhere and say that this is finished.

The map now has two custom sounds and gameplay is contained within the building.

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

Download from here

Enjoy!

2 of the shots are v. dark - are they that dark in-game...Looks good though.i liked office so this better be good (hehehe no pressure)

Looks good, I'll test it out later and may host it on our server if it plays well :cool:

Did you even listen to me regarding the suportstands indoors? I told you that you should use displacement-Subdivide.
http://www. hl2world .com/wiki/index.php/Rounded_Objects

Use that, or I'll kill you.

Theres an update. You can now survive the bombblast if you are far enough away.

Re download the Zip file for the update.

Dead-Inside, I will use stuff like that in another map. I just had to draw a line underneath this one. This is actually my first map so I think I deserve some credit.

Hi,

Downloaded the map and hosted it tonight for 14 people. For a first map I think it's great, you can see you have put the time in.

I had to remove this map from the server though, as the lag in some parts of the map was terrible (stairs and some others) and occured with everyone, not just me. The helicopter at the top was a great idea but as it was built using brushes it looks really blocky and doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the map.

Real shame, as I think if the map was optimised it could have been one of the best custom maps out at the moment.

Good luck on your next project dude :afro:

I just don't source think can handle multiple level maps very well.

Maybe someone would like to take a look at my vmf and show me where im going wrong?

Rossi, amazing map. Question: Where did you get the helicopter from? I am too making a de_office style map, and would like it.

Obviously I'm also going to have to work harder - your map is looking much better than mine.

Dead-Inside said:
Actually no, he didn't.

It's a HL1 prefab, he just used it in HL2. (Unless there's a new modelone?)
So I can just use HL1 stuff in HL2, with no problems whatsoever?

I'll practice anyway. I've recently compiled my map, and it really needs a bit of work to live up to this.

Back