De_rats map. DL it now check it out....

VodkA-HLC-

Reaction score
http://wd.recongamer.com/downloads/de_rats.rar

here is the link for the map de_rats. Beautiful remake check it out. Someone host it and put it in thier server rotatation. Only one server so far is hosting it. Install it and create a server and just run around. Great remake of the original....enjoy

HOLY CRAP!!!!

This map is by far the best source map,many great kills

Once one guy was shooting at this other guy from the top platform, the dude shot a clock above him and it fell and killed him

And there was this other one where this one guy was hiding behind the picture, i shot the picture and it fell on him and killed him

Best map ever

this map rules
I played it without ppl and it is fun. Anyone know any servers with this map?

The SDK is out. SO STOP PASSING PRESDK CRAP OUT GUYS!

It says it RIGHT in the readme file.
*This is the pre-sdk release*

*When the sdk is released I will fix the elevator bugs and finish the oven how I intended it to be*

i love it, but im having problems with some of it.. I put all the textures into the right folder and everything, but it seems like none of the metal textures work... even more strange is that it makes the sink and the soda can wireframe!.. that seems to be the only texture thats not working.. anyone have any ideas?

JackinHL2Off-GTA said:
The SDK is out. SO STOP PASSING PRESDK CRAP OUT GUYS!
What? The hammer(SDK) that was released a few days ago is EXACTLY the same one that was taken last year from Valve. It was allready stated that once the SDK was released, pre-sdk maps wouldn't make a difference. The way I look at it is this way. I tried to play around with the SDK today and didn't know what the hell I was doing so I appreciate all the people that take the time to make sweet maps like this one. De_rats was one of my favorite maps from 1.5 and below so it is great to play it again source style. It is the mod community that keeps cs around so who cares if a map is made with the same program before or after it's release. It is made for the same purpose either way. So to all the mod/mappers, keep up the great work.
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOURNAME\counter-strike source\cstrike
above is where you want to copy and paste the materials and map folder.........

we are going to need a special thread or sub-forum for maps soon!!

Long Live Source!!

zer0kewl said:
some pics plz
K here are some pics. Inside the freezer, inside the cupboard with the marble trap which hurts anyone standing underneath it. A pic of the stove, its hard to see the heat waves but they look sweet during gameplay. There is also a spray can underneath the sink which you can jump on to poison anyone that runs in there, helps to stop the rush. The sink has a disposal that you can activate to shred anyone hiding in the sink. Theres a mouse trap which will snap if you step on it. Lots of rat holes in the walls and numerous other cool little easter eggs if you call them that. So here you go. It will never be some cal map but non the less much fun to play with some friends.

Attachments

• activatingspraycan.jpg
    activatingspraycan.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 478
  • cupboardfillingwithpoison.jpg
    cupboardfillingwithpoison.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 443
  • everydayitems.jpg
    everydayitems.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 475
  • fallingmarblestrap.jpg
    fallingmarblestrap.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 427
  • heatwaves.jpg
    heatwaves.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 454
and some more pics

Attachments

• insidefreezerctspawn.jpg
    insidefreezerctspawn.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 427
  • insidesink.jpg
    insidesink.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 416
  • sinkfromtspawn.jpg
    sinkfromtspawn.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 423
  • juliachildsphoto.jpg
    juliachildsphoto.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 385
  • mousetrapclosing.jpg
    mousetrapclosing.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 384
and some more, more

Attachments

• viewfromfloor.jpg
    viewfromfloor.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 405
  • viewabovesink.jpg
    viewabovesink.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 383
  • tspawncupboards.jpg
    tspawncupboards.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 373
  • sinkwater.jpg
    sinkwater.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 400
Eww.. illegal

I'll wait for legal maps thank you!

This looks good. Never heard of the rats map before though. I'll check it out now.

Good work.

OK I got it and I am in a server...but loadsa the stuff is bright pink and black...this must be a bug...but how do I fix it?

there aren't any props in this version of the SDK.....
oldfaq

Nid Banikeri said:
OK I got it and I am in a server...but loadsa the stuff is bright pink and black...this must be a bug...but how do I fix it?

You did not extract your materials properly. Make sure you fix that error. Check in your materials folder for a folder called materials. Look in there and you will see the mistake.

Nid Banikeri said:
Same thing happened to me. It went away when I changed my video settings. I changed my texture detail to either medium or low. I think it was medium. It did the same thing to me on high......
maxikana said:
Eww.. illegal
All maps are legal now with the release of the sdk. Think about it? How would you know if it was made with the sdk released yesterday or the sdk released a year ago? You wouldn't without someone telling you. Don't sell yourself short cause. If I found a bag with 50,000 dollars with no name, I would keep it.

looks sweet :E to bad my fps always sucks ass cause otherwise i'd definitly play it

PEOPLE WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR SOME OF YOU TO EXRACT MAPS!!???
btw de_rats is awsome.

Please wait like an hour or so.

I am releasing a new sdk version that works on linux servers as well.

looks cool
but it kinda looks like a lot of the textures are old ones

ne0_shiny said:
looks cool
but it kinda looks like a lot of the textures are old ones
thats because most of them are. This map would be even better to with new textures and some more physics objects

I justp layed through solo to see it, and I'm impressed, as a fan of the original Rats map, this is amazing.

I cant wait to see some of my other favorites get remade

Sparta said:
thats because most of them are. This map would be even better to with new textures and some more physics objects

uh no, they are all from css or added in as textures by me.

Back