de_soccer1

L. Duke

Reaction score
133722000.jpg

I took a break from the regular map I'm working on to make a quick "fun map." It's a soccer field and the first team to score a goal wins. If you play this, remember that as the round starts it is important to get the ball moving by shooting it or lobbing a grenade onto the field. Otherwise, the other team can line up a straight shot into your goal and destroy you.

The map includes a soccer field, CT and T staging areas, bleachers, concession stands, etc. All custom materials, models, and sounds are included in the bsp. If you don't hear the whistle when the round starts, the announcer when the goal is scored, or the ambient sounds please post in this thread.

Download de_soccer1 (click on the
download.gif
next to its name)

readme.txt
de_soccer1 by L. Duke
[email protected]
http://www.LDuke.com

Story:

Terrorists and counter-terrorists have met up for a
no-holds-barred, winner-take-all, sudden-death soccer match.
The first team to score a goal wins. Game-on!

Terrorists: Guard your goal and prevent the counter-terrorists
from scoring while trying put the ball in their goal.

Counter-terrorists: Guard your goal and prevent the terrorists
from scoring while trying put the ball in their goal.

Important information about the map:

* 32 total spawn points, 16 terrorist, 16 counter-terrorist
* As the match starts, get that ball moving with a 'nade or
gunshot, otherwise the other team can easily line up a
straight shot into your goal.

+ Special thanks to Benthos for all the help playtesting.
+ Thanks to everyone at Punkassfraggers.com, the best gaming
community on the net.
+ Chevy van model by zareh.

Screenshots:

438268001.jpg

366130002.jpg

178853003.jpg

903971004.jpg

731195005.jpg

591081006.jpg

683214007.jpg

what about the other team shooting the terrorists? how did you stop that? I doubt everyone is going to play by the rules.

That's part of the game.

We had a lot of fun playtesting it and we did try a couple rounds with a "don't shoot each other rule" and they always ended in a close range headshot.

But we still had fun playing it: rushing out to get the ball moving, trying to shoot anyone on the other team who stuck their head out and keeping the ball from rolling into your goal while trying to shoot it towards theirs.

If the other team's not paying attention to the field you can rush out and end the round quickly. If they are paying attention, it's nearly impossible to rush the field and get a straight shot at the goal. You had to lob a nade out there or shoot it to try and get it on the side where you could fire at it from cover.

It's more of an fy map than a real map. I made it quick as a break from my real map because I wanted to play with an alternate set of rules for a map besides bombs/hostis.

omg this sounds awesome!!! please host it on a server.

Played it on our server tonight, it was a great laugh...fortunately most people followed the rules so it was great fun. Well played on making this map - its a nice change!

If you want to play it on a server go to 85.133.16.46:27035 and vote the map on :)

Heh heh heh, sounds well fun. I'm up for it, cheers for the server stuff dan

No probs, you will have to type the usual "votemap". Might need about 3 of you to get the vote passed though.

If its quite popular I can sort the maplist so its on all the time :D

nice :D u should edit it so that u couldn't harm the enemy... only shoot the ball

But isn't it half the fun watching the noobs that start killing get kicked/sent off? :)

We even did penalties if someone got killed :)

Me and a couple of clanmates played football on italy using a melon a while ago. The gates by CT spawn were the CT goals, and one of the passageways to T spawn was T goal.

Looks like a cool map.

Lol, Myself and a teammate did that on one of the two origional HL2DM maps (dunno the names) with watermelons...it was great fun untill the watermelon squished when I kicked it...!

I'll look forward to seeing you guys in the server - BTW - we are EternitY Multigaming Clan (www.eternity-clan.com) and i'm [-e-]SnYpA.

(Sorry couldn't resist the chance of an advert ;))

I had a lot of requests for a knives only version, but didn't pay much attention to them at first.
This has to be the best map i have ever played.. and i would like to extend my congradulations to Duke on a terrific and fun map from all my squad members of the LaWGivers clan. We play this map daily and luv it to death. We made a config for the map soo that we could only play with knives.. however people do spawn with guns and then the config makes them throw these down.. yet people carry them on the field. We would really really luv to see this map made with the option of knives only ( the nades and ect that are part of the map are fine) but we wished there were no buy zones and only spawned with knives. This would be a perfect map then. Maybe one day when you have Time DUKE you could create this map in that type of manner. Im sure your busy but i know my whole squad would be much appreciated. If not.. then its still the best map ever.

I went and played on this guys server though and it was so much more fun when they had it set up with only knives. I've made an updated version with knives only called de_soccer1_knives you can download from PAF's CSS DE map section.

Or try the LaWGivers clan server the guy above was talking about, it seems to get voted in a lot there.

Back