de_vextraskugen

404 - Page Not Found
We're sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist on FreeWebs.

FreeWebs.com offers free web hosting and publishing.

Edit: works now

/me checks

Looks nice :)
Little dark for my taste though

thanks :) I'm going to make a large area above ground aswell, so at least it wont be dark all of the time.. also details aren't added yet, just the outlines..

i really dig the lighting, ill be lurking underneath where it is dark. :). adds so much to atmosphere when mappers make realistic looking lighting. keep up the good work

getting the lighting looking good is half the work!

looks promising :D

just one thing: the rails at the stairs look weird. it's because the colums (correct phrase?) aren't orthogonal to the normal ground. they are orthogonal to the slant.. erm.. if u know what i mean.. *g*
(english is not my mothertounge and i'm not quite sure how to describe the problem.. hehe)

it is like that::
.\
\/.\
..\/.\
....\/

should be:
\
\|\
..\|\
....\|

keep up the good work :D
.georgeblunt

georgeblunt: that's a great idea, only problem is that it's a model and that makes it impossible turn it like you suggest (which suddenly seems very logical now when you mention it :) ) well well someone will have to make a rail-model that looks like that.. *hint hint* to any modeller (by the way, while you're at it,, I need a subway-train too :cheese: )

(glad to hear that don_johnson)

batchetska: i know the problem with the model.. i've came across the same thing while building a bridge... if i find a model or make one myself i gonna let you know :)

Looks very nice. You've done an amazing job of the realistic lighting. Kudos on that one.

Not sure about the hands though. Their fingernails turn silver when in total blackness. You think you could get rid of that or does it look alright ingame?

Love the lighting... maps are too lit now adays - this atmosphere adds a lot when it comes to multiplayer - people are a little more cautious and I wouldn't be supprised if they jumped at opponents a few times ;)

Waiting to see the final!

damn..it should be one of the levels for the DOOM 3 expansion... thats DARK man!

Too dark. simple but it is a fact. If you want it to be liked, add more light to the map to give at least some overview.

georgeblunt said:
looks promising :D

just one thing: the rails at the stairs look weird. it's because the colums (correct phrase?) aren't orthogonal to the normal ground. they are orthogonal to the slant.. erm.. if u know what i mean.. *g*
(english is not my mothertounge and i'm not quite sure how to describe the problem.. hehe)

it is like that::
.\
\/.\
..\/.\
....\/

should be:
\
\|\
..\|\
....\|

keep up the good work :D
.georgeblunt

Where the Half-life2 props are:
[ROOT]\models\props_interiors
handrailCluster01a
handrailCluster01b
handrailCluster02a
handrailCluster02b

and there is some more in
[ROOT]\models\props_c17

Yeah, this map looks great! I hope more people make maps that are really dark, maybe ones that are geared for 4vs4 for example, that are more tense and tactical. It'd be great to have to go around with nightvision, or decide whether to turn your light on and risk giving your position away.

I'll definately be playing this map when it's released, great work!

This is the first map next to the Goldeneye reconstruction that I'm looking forward to. Good job.

figge said:
Where the Half-life2 props are:
[ROOT]\models\props_interiors
handrailCluster01a
handrailCluster01b
handrailCluster02a
handrailCluster02b

and there is some more in
[ROOT]\models\props_c17

woah! didn't come accross those.. should have looked a little closer, huh?.. hehe.
thanks alot! :D

thanks alot for the feedback,, keeps me motivated :)

georgeblunt: yeah man :)

geronimous: Good point, I'm working on a section above ground aswell, so there'll be one dark, but also a bright bombsite for all of the nervy ones..

edit: aah and about that weird effect with the silvery hands, I think that problem can be solved by using cubemaps.

Damn it's lookin' good ! This is final version ? If it is, gimme link to the mirror, i will test it on my friend's server.

nope this is still early beta :upstare: I'd say that it's about 30% done .. it will be complete in say,, maybe 4-5 more weeks

Back