dead corpses stay forever

A

AlpHa!

how i can make that the dead npcs corpses and debris (gunship/apc/dropship_contanier) stay forever and don't dissapear?? i can't find anything to make that

Corpses do as far as i can remeber? The other stuff does for sure. Have you messed around with any console commands?

Similar question...is there a command to make decals show up on npcs after they're dead?

i see that in some of the downloaded maps the corpses stay forever
but i can't find the reason

I think the time after which the corpses or debris disappear is set by the map designer.

i've founded a command for the breaked object gibs

breakable_disable_gib_limit "1" or "0"

but i need to find a command for the corpses

GonzoBabbleshit said:
I think the important question is...do the alive corpses stay forever?

Is there such a thing as an "alive" corpse? :rolling:

I believe you can make corpses permanent by messing in the consoles.

The strider automatically disappears so that it doesn't eat up your memory to quick...

i've founded another command!!!

g_ragdoll_maxcount "8"

i think that this is "the" command for the ragdoll removal

TST_Devgru Seal said:
The strider automatically disappears so that it doesn't eat up your memory to quick...

Really?

For me, corpses stay, and all debris except Striders disappear if I leave them off-screen 4 a few secs.

In my opinion, corpses' staying and being decaled shud b an option in video settings.

Hunter_8472 said:
Really?

For me, corpses stay, and all debris except Striders disappear if I leave them off-screen 4 a few secs.

In my opinion, corpses' staying and being decaled shud b an option in video settings.

o_O what video options have you
i don't see an option to make that

Technically, is Source still doing complex ragdoll calculations on a 'dead' Strider? If so, that's probably why the disappear, otherwise your CPU would be pleading for mercy.

Probably is...Like sliding and getting ready to be Blown-aphar-te

and.... editing the source code it's possible to make ragdoll and debris don't dissapear?

/edit: i've founded this in a forum:

said:
By default all ragdolls fade out when X number are visible (4 I believe)

I've managed to mod the code so they never fade out, so I guess it can easily be modified so they instantly fade out.

The code I modded is in Ragdoll_shared.cpp

void CRagdollLRURetirement::Update( float frametime )
{
VPROF( "CRagdollLRURetirement::Update" );

//NIVEN removed all code to stop bodies vanishing!!!

// Compress out dead items
//int i, next;

//int iMaxRagdollCount = m_iMaxRagdolls;

//if ( iMaxRagdollCount == -1 )
//iMaxRagdollCount = g_ragdoll_maxcount.GetInt();

//for ( i = m_LRU.Head(); i < m_LRU.InvalidIndex(); i = next )
//{
//next = m_LRU.Next(i);
//if ( m_LRi].Get() )
//{
//if ( m_LRU.Count() > iMaxRagdollCount )
//{
//Found one, we're done.
//if ( ShouldRemoveThisRagdoll( m_LRi] ) == true )
//{
//m_LR i >SUB_Remove();
//m_LRU.Remove(i);
//return;
//}
//}
//}
//else if ( m_LRi].Get() == NULL )
//{
//m_LRU.Remove(i);
//}
//}

//If we get here, it means we couldn't find a suitable ragdoll to remove, so just remove one.

//while ( m_LRU.Count() > iMaxRagdollCount )
//{
//i = m_LRU.Head();
//m_LR i >SUB_Remove();
//m_LRU.Remove(i);
//}
}

Anything you need should be found in this chunk of code.

czrsink said:
Technically, is Source still doing complex ragdoll calculations on a 'dead' Strider? If so, that's probably why the disappear, otherwise your CPU would be pleading for mercy.

No, in fact the fewest calculations are done on objects at rest. They probably do it so that the corpse doesn't block your way if it is accidentally (And the player hasn't figured out that you can use the gravity gun to move it)

I think the ragdolls disappear because it uses the GPU and memory (both local RAM and video RAM) to draw them, so if there were too many, the game would slow down too much. Ofcourse, it shouldn't be a problem with 1GB RAM and some high end graphic card.

Is there a console command to make them stay?
I don't really want to go messing about with source code, not with the outrageous re-install time if I screw up, but disappearing corpses really p me off. It's not as iff my comp can't handle them.

Back