Single Player ASAP, Multiplayer Later?

• Yes

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

DaveKap

Reaction score
Gabe, I don't know if you can be in charge of such a thing, quite frankly, I doubt you'll even read this thread. But I want this poll to show how many people would be willing to sacrifice waiting for the multiplayer and in turn simply receive a single player game ASAP.

Seriously, I do not care about the multiplayer aspect of HL2 until I've beaten the story mode at least 5 times. Please, vote yes if you would rather have SP ASAP and MP LATER.

YES i think they have to go this or other big games like D3 Sk and loads wil lbe out of the engine will not be looking so good with them out.......... DX2 will kill hl2 in the story so they need to do that.

so we are voting for everything now? hehe
Im with ya. I would like the sp asap. mp can come when it comes

gimme a break, get a life in the meantime while you wait for this "game" to be finished. They arent going to release sp and 4 months later mp, get over it. If you wanna flame, flame the losers who delayed this game for everyone. Its a shame it happened but it did, deal with it.

I want the whole game in one package, even if I have to wait for it.

Augh, the morning crowd, I shoulda waited to post this lol.

I voted No.
We don't know anything about the multiplayer part, so it means that it will be something we don't expect, something innovative. If they release only the SP, it will give us half the game, so I prefer to wait, even if it's delayed 4 months.

davekap, rewriting the code would most likely not allow this to be even done. The source affects mp as well as sp so... understand? Play max payne 2 and call of duty in the meantime, they are both coming out this month.

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
gimme a break, get a life in the meantime while you wait for this "game" to be finished. They arent going to release sp and 4 months later mp, get over it.

Why not, Unreal II is doing it, and everyone who bashed on the game is really excited for it. Besides, U2's MP was a surprise, where as HL2's is known, so it's just something to we the appitite until then. :)

Unreal 2 was a flop. Its not what I would call a "successful" release either.

indeed they should release SP first... what do you think HL2 is all about? story of course... even if MP and mods are what keeps it alive, I say the sdk along with SP

Never do that!!! Thats just some work to manage that to bring an only sp version and the mp...

I actually enjoyed Unreal 2 greatly and feel that the MP aspect of it is a pleasant surprise.

Probably why I would rather have the SP of HL2 sooner than MP.

As for the source thing, you have to change your perspective. If there was no source leak (and no beta leak as we now know) then the source would not be "changed" and the release date would still be "Q4 2003" than "Q2 2004". So just continue to finish up the single player w/o any source changes and when the boxes sell out on all the shelves, go back to the source and change it so it can be used for the multiplayer release.

*shrug* Like I said it's probably impossible to do, but seeing the majority of people want SP over MP makes me feel like I'm not alone in this crazy world.

Back