deathmatch crashing

jocky68

Spy
Reaction score
the last couple of days my deathmatch keeps crashing, anyone else get this? error is something like memory could not be read. i have a sapphire x800xl, 1 gig of ram on a dell dimension 3.2ghz pc.

i get that occasionally, about once a week i get an error essage saying memory could not be read, and the program crashes and it is usually the same server.

You've found the infamous 'memory cannot be read' problem. It seems to come and go for me, I'll play for a week without a crash then all of a sudden it crashes every 20 minutes. Then a week later it's stopped crashing. Maybe some day Valve will get around to fixing it. :p

diluted said:
You've found the infamous 'memory cannot be read' problem. It seems to come and go for me, I'll play for a week without a crash then all of a sudden it crashes every 20 minutes. Then a week later it's stopped crashing. Maybe some day Valve will get around to fixing it. :p
Wow, thats exactly what happens with me. Right now I am alright! :)
- Gordon

I've noticed it crashes more often on certain maps, like beta maps, etc.

I've crashed a lot on lockdown on a few servers, don't play on those servers much anymore and I don't crash anymore! :)

Sometimes I think it's the map that crashes you, like there's a few maps that crash me a TON!

I had my AA turned up to x6. turned it off and no more crashing. Try it next time you crash if its on.

^^

Yeah, I run everything at bare-bone settings.

(Low, no AA/AF, Bilinear, etc.)

Back