Demo...

SkateXer99

Reaction score
Is there gonna be a demo at all? They did it with Doom 3, and I ended up buying the game... but will HL2 ever have a demo?

Eventually... I'm starting to think that might be what the "surprise" is this week.

Half-Life 1's demo was released after the game appeared in shops and it was a level that was cut from HL1. The same might happen with HL2.

Yes, you can buy one for $50 at a video game store near you.

As I remember it, the HL1 demo was the first part of the real game..

And I was pretty sure it appeared before release. Almost positive, as I played through the demo several times in anticipation of the game.

There was a pack that came out later,. a short mission aparently cut from the game. I have it on disc somewhere but I forget what its called.

the hl demo was not part of the game. I presume you are talking about half life : day one which wasnt strictly a demo, it was distributed with some gfx cards. I remember a friend playing it then begging me for the game. the actual demo was called half-life:uplink , its one of the best game demos ever made. it showcases everything that was awesome abt half-life with brilliant scripted sequences. and it ends at a real cliffhanger..

I played it after finishing hl, it was pure nostalgia.

Chris_D said:
Eventually... I'm starting to think that might be what the "surprise" is this week.
oh no, that can't be right. That would be a sucky surprise :(

koopa said:
oh no, that can't be right. That would be a sucky surprise :(
I think it'd be pretty cool. Especially if it fills in some of the gaps.

I wonder what level got axed from Half-Life 2.
Didn't they release the demo two months after the game's release?
And what's all this talk about some sort of 'surprise'?

Back