Desert Eagle

MetalPiranha

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my second ever attempt at modelling. The gun itself is not quite finished, but when it is, how will i go about skinning it? Does anyone have any skinning tutorials? After that, how will i put it in game?

Cheers,

PIranha

Attachments

• gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 468
John, if you dont have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

For a 'senior member' you should know that. I guess you're just one of those nerds that enjoys taking the piss out of a 15 year old's work. If you could do that in 30 minutes - then well done, have a toffee... nerd.

Anyway -

I was just looking for a tutorial of how these types of models could be put into game. I understand the file structure - but i'm not too sure about file types and how UVW mapping works.

Can anyone link me to a good tutorial :E

I'd be very grateful.

~Piranha

(And by the way crackhead, its 188 posts in the mapping section - I'm new to modelling, not the forums ;) )

yeh but he just said go easy on him hes new. he did say go easy on him he doesnt have very much experience.

also
toffee... nerd.

theres no need to be rude

MetalPiranha said:

For a 'senior member' you should know that. I guess you're just one of those nerds that enjoys taking the piss out of a 15 year old's work. If you could do that in 30 minutes - then well done, have a toffee... nerd.
i second that
as for uvw mapping there are a lot of tutorials online basically after you map it u get a 2d map of the 3d coordinates which are preserved in the model so when u export it its mapped and all u have to do is reference a texture map in the vtf or vmt lol.... i havent done and modding in a while sorry.
http://waylon-art.com/uvw_tutorial/uvwtut_01.html
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache...t&t=26+"3ds+max"+"uvw+mapping+tutorial"&hl=en
wow linking works

Cheers mindless.

I'll have a look through that a bit later and give it a go tonight.

:E

c'mon that's a little harsh, i was only offering light criticism considering what i could have said......
besides i am speaking from experience when i say 30 mins -all you've done is create a basic wireframe and shader - correct me if i'm wrong
some tutorials that i have used in the past

Sorry dude, i just thought you were the forum arsehole.

It is a bit rude to say that its 30 minutes work when it took me a hell of a lot longer though.

Cheers for the link!

thats a decent model for ur seconds try at modelling. as for skinning...ummm i have some links but i'm not at my home computer at the moment. damn school lol. i'll post some crap after i get home. u could also ask mindless moder on stuff like that. he's a good skinner. :D

Hey i would like to defend john, he did not say nething that was so mean it deserves such criticism.
and for ur model it looks like u need a better picture of a deagle.

..."If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all"? Where would this forum be without unconstructive posts?

If a forum is created offline and nobody is there to post, does the forum say anything?

Adabiviak said:
..."If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all"? Where would this forum be without unconstructive posts?

If a forum is created offline and nobody is there to post, does the forum say anything?
Yeah it says: "This is a ****ing boring forum"

we have an unproportionally high number of forum assholes here i've discovered

surely you could have thought of something wittyer than that.

lol this is funny shit

I wonder if thier this big a assholes on other cg forums?

lol this is funny shit

you're an asshole

p43@r teh pwn@g3 lolololololol1111111 etc.
go away fool

lol this is funny shit

your a what john said. go to school and learn how to spell. and dont swear on here.

john3571000 said:
you're an asshole

p43@r teh pwn@g3 lolololololol1111111 etc.
go away fool

That's funny hearing that from the person who originally was the one that was being rude. Also im confused as to what this means "p43@r teh pwn@g3 lolololololol1111111 etc."? Is it a term you use often?

crackhead said:
im the forum arsehole.

crackhead said:
your a what john said. go to school and learn how to spell. and dont swear on here.

Im sorry I thought you were the one that called yourself an asshole. Because that would make you a hypocrite wouldn't it?

crackhead said:
theres no need to be rude

Pardon? But weren't you suggesting that im an asshole? Isn't that being rude?

"go to school"

I do go to school. My IQ is 118 what's yours?

"dont swear on here."
Im confused, didn't you just swear a few posts up?

"learn how to spell"
If correct grammar is so important to you perhaps you should use some yourself, such as a capital letter at the start of each sentence and not start your sentences with "and". Also if your so inclined spell correctly perhaps you could exsplain what "wittyer" means?

jeez ur pretty sad for going on an on arnt you. firstly my iq is 130 but hey its not a competition. no i didnt swear a few posts up unless your counting the word "arsehole". im not a swearword expert. finally, im an alcoholic, most times i post ive been drinking alot. people tend to just ignore what i say, you should do the same if you have a problem with it.

You want me to ignore you? cause I will if you say that.

I sagest you get some help for your alcohole problem. Posibly a family member or friend to help you through it. Its a nasty thing I know ive know an alcoholic and I know you cant help it. Just try to give it up before you destroy yourslef and lose the people that love you.

Oh and I second that close the thread idea

well if your going to ignore me why did u reply. i am getting help but im only young so it doesnt really matter.

im finding it amazingly hard to believe that someone who has "crack head" as their nick name and "One day people won't be able to afford to have my picture on their wall." as their sig could claim that they have a considerably higher inteligence quotient than someone else lol.

well personly i dont think im very clever but thats what i got on the live nationwide iq test thing. anyway he asked me im not exactly known for my intellegence i cant even spell the word ha! anyway maybe we should just stop posting here coz its kinda stupid

Ok enough bullshitting guys... You've gone off-topic long enough, and don't get yourself banned just because you don't like each other.
Like the moderators say : "Take it to PM"

...and down went the topic in flames.

Nice pistol, anyway.

Great now I'm gonna lose my thread to some nerds that enjoy arguing on the internet.

Great.

WaterMelon34 said:
And you would call yourself what?

A nerd that doesn't enjoy arguing on the internet.

And congratulations, you've pushed it so far that...

Moddies - please delete / lock this thread.

Back