Design the Halflife2.net "Base of operations".

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
Here's the idea.

Design HL2.net, if it was a building. A secret lair. An evil den. A super satellite. Something really cool.

A good example would be Tracey Island from Thunderbirds. Usually, it's a perfectly normal rich-man's paradise. But when danger strikes; doors fling open, towers submerge into the ground, huge layers of concrete disperse to reveal workshops more complex than the Bat cave... and in the middle of it all is a huge contol centre where information is projected across dozens of computer screens.

Now, this is a contest anyone can enter; because it's about the design, not the quality. Sure, if someone paints an abstract tower block basking in complex colours and light tangents that's great... but I'm looking for detail. The best kind of entry would be a huge diagram; showing all the secret compartments, amazing gadgets, fold out laser beams and hidden torture chambers. A maze of rooms for all the HL2.net veterans, the staff lounge in all it's glory, and Munro's uber control centre... that’s the kind of design I want to see. Hell, if you're good, you could even make a little flash schematic... so when you click on parts of the building it zooms in and stuff.

You can try this in any way you like, but please make it interesting. I'm not going to post the usual list of rules, because no-one reads them anyway. just... err... be nice. And have fun :thumbs:

hl2net1984.jpg

:p

i would draw something but i can only draw in 2D...

are maps ok?

I'd draw something, but I can't be bothered. However, if you've played Starcraft Broodwar, imagine something like the intro. The battlecruiser being the command centre so to speak where all the staff reside in safety. Below you see a barren war torn landscape, with a network of trenches populated by a few brave marines(regular members). Running all around you see the vast hordes of aliens (think of them as the annoying people of the site). Explosions going off constantly, people shooting blindingly into the darkness at shadows that don't exist, others being torn about by the savage beasts. Occasionally the battlecruiser/command ship launches an attack, wiping out beasts and men alike. Sometimes, even firing its main gun destroy half the landscape in the process... Always creeping slowly skyward, as it drifts away. Its commander, never seen out of his quaters, gives non sensical orders, its crew ready to abandon ship... the planet, nothing but a ruined wasteland being held on to desperately in the vain hope of salvation...

Farrowlesparrow said:
I'd draw something, but I can't be bothered. However, if you've played Starcraft Broodwar, imagine something like the intro. The battlecruiser being the command centre so to speak where all the staff reside in safety. Below you see a barren war torn landscape, with a network of trenches populated by a few brave marines(regular members). Running all around you see the vast hordes of aliens (think of them as the annoying people of the site). Explosions going off constantly, people shooting blindingly into the darkness at shadows that don't exist, others being torn about by the savage beasts. Occasionally the battlecruiser/command ship launches an attack, wiping out beasts and men alike. Sometimes, even firing its main gun destroy half the landscape in the process... Always creeping slowly skyward, as it drifts away. its commander, never seen out of his quaters, its crew ready to abandon ship... the planet, nothing but a ruined wasteland being held on to desperately in the vain hope of salvation...
owned cheers

that gate doesnt look secure! what if teh raptors get out!?

It isn't safe at all. Forget the raptors - you should be more worried about Munro getting loose :O

Question

Can we make it on a game like garrys mod at all or we use toys and things

Better option, I might make a map, then you can explore secret the Hl2.net base!

Sigh, another old contest trying to be resurrected?

Back