Details of Half-Life 2: Aftermath

S

SolidSnakeKA13

Now I am confussed about one thing. Is Lost Coast and Aftermath the same thing? and if so is Lost Coast the only place you are going to be at.

Another thing is when you start up the steam server will you have to access Aftermath or do you think you can just start off from your HL2 game.

I also heard somewhere that you will either get Alex's gun or play as her. All im hoping for is that I see more G-Man. And Half Life 2 takes about what 20 hours if you play it through without rushing and what not. So I take it aftermath is going to be 10 hours? if so then this shall truly rock.

I also heard that Half-Life 2 will be all in the Dynamic Light engine. So we can experience the entire game again.

Aftermath is an expansion pack, ergo Blue Shift, etc.(although hopefully a bit better). Lost Coast is a level designed to test HDR lighting.

Seeing as Aftermath is a separate game, you will have to access it, not HL2, to play it, like CS:Source.

Lost Coast is a short level with super-duper high graphics. Lost Coast will be free to all owners of Half-life 2.
Aftermath is an expansion, a quick sequel to Half-life 2 if you will, you will play as gordon at it will cost money.
(don't diss Blue Shift!)

Lost Coast is a Tech Demo for the new light technology called HDR ( High Dynamic Range ).
Aftermath is a Half-Life 2 expansion pack, you will play after the big explosion, and i think it'll be shorter than 10 hours play.
They was going to include the HDR technology in Half-Life 2 , but they said its too big ( 5GB ) so they canceled it , tho you can use HDR in Aftermath

Are you sure they cancelled it? IIRC Valve said they will be releasing a download to upgrade HL2 to have HDR capabilities but it's huge and it's only some parts of the game since some parts actually look better without it and it's gonna be even more a space waster.

i remember i read that on IGN
but maybe you are right

how much do you think this expansion pack is going to be? I hope the HDR will be in all games. also while we are on the topic of the game looking better. is there a way to make Half-Life 2 look better via the options menu?

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Are you sure they cancelled it? IIRC Valve said they will be releasing a download to upgrade HL2 to have HDR capabilities but it's huge and it's only some parts of the game since some parts actually look better without it and it's gonna be even more a space waster.
I think they just mentioned that that a (hypothetical) download to HDR HL2 would be X big and that some parts would look worse.

Back