Diamond advertisements piss me off!

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Alright. This is something I have to vent.

Diamond advertisers piss me off!

Of all the things that I will be guilttripped about in life, why the **** does the love I have for my woman have to be bunched up in there?

Over the years, I have experienced a plethora of ads coming from the diamond industry, and all of them are the same.

"Ohh, buy your girlfriend diamonds. She'll love you. She'll have sex with you, she'll think you're a better person. If you don't buy her a diamond, you don't love her as much."

Give me a break. If the person I was with appreciated my gift to her based merely on how much it costs and what it is, rather than the fact that it symbolizes my love and dedication to her, then i'd drop the bitch on her ass faster than you can say, "I don't love you"

Not to mention, diamonds aren't even as rare as we are led to believe! In fact, they're quite abundant. Only a very small fraction of the world's supply of diamonds are even circulated, to inflate prices, and instill this sense of false rarity.

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2003/scarce.html (not the only information about it. Its been documented alot. Simply the first link I pulled)

Congratulations on the purchase of your new diamond ring, your marriage is going to be wonderful because of it! Congratulations, you're a tool to make us filthy rich and we're loving you for it!

And you know what i've been noticing lately? Diamond commercials are no longer targeting the more innocent days of love and marriage with their commercials, and instead they are now targeting divorcee's. Every diamond commercial I see now, is targetting unmarried, likely divorced young guys who already have a kid that they show in the commercial, with a woman(the fiance) who recieves a ring as a gift and tells the little brat that she loves their daddy because he got her a diamond ring.

You know why you have to advertise to those people now? Because all the other marriages are broken up because you made whole generations believe love is based around a ****ing rock!

I hate diamond advertisements. I hate diamond commercials. I hate diamonds!

I'm done. /rant

Once, I was walking down the street and some guy came up and gave me a shiny object. I wasted no time draging him into a small allyway and making his life complete.

Ok Im a dirty lier. I think diamonds are nice... but I'd prefer someone buying me a cool weird necklace/ring/earring etc, rather then one that shows the size of his wallet.

Your rant makes me happy.

A better advert would be..

"You! You have a small penis and no personallity, dont worry, she does'nt mind, she is sleeping with the boss! But if you want to keep what little love life you have, buy her diamonds!

Remember, shes screwing everyone in the company, but not everyone in the company buys her DIAMONDS, be special!"

:eek:

Ritz said:
Once, I was walking down the street and some guy came up and gave me a shiny object. I wasted no time draging him into a small allyway and making his life complete.

Ok Im a dirty lier. I think diamonds are nice... but I'd prefer someone buying me a cool weird necklace/ring/earring etc, rather then one that shows the size of his wallet.

Your rant makes me happy.

A better advert would be..

"You! You have a small penis and no personallity, dont worry, she does'nt mind, she is sleeping with the boss! But if you want to keep what little love life you have, buy her diamonds!

Remember, shes screwing everyone in the company, but not everyone in the company buys her DIAMONDS, be special!"

LOL. Funny.

I would much rather buy the woman I love a more special, colorful and beautiful stone, like her favorite gemstone, or her birthstone, etc. You know... emerald, amethyst, topaz, ruby, sapphire(my favorite), etc.

Instead, diamonds are so engrained into our society that most women I meet would think less of me because I got them some other, cheaper gemstone rather than a diamond. Sucks.

<sighs>

You should buy your girlfriend an apron and some cooking utensils....

But not Ritz...I hate to think what she'd do with a knife, especially after what I just said.

Its not that diamonds are ugly, there nice if there not huge rocks. But the thing about diamonds, is that if you get one as a gift, you know the guy has NO idea what you really wanted, and this got picked out by someone working there.

My dads the best at birthdays, few years ago he brought my mum a hover (For you US peeps - Vacuum cleaner) for her birthday, I was thinking he was going to get a slap, but my mum apartently wanted one... o_O Yay! Cleaning! Goes to show that you can please someone without forking out afew 100 quid for a shiny rock.

'No! Don't put me away! I'll give you diamonds. Everybody wants diamonds! Diamonds will make everything all better! Diamonds! Diamonds!'

I once played a game called diamonds..
That was kinda fun.

Diamonds are severely over-priced though, i mean, it's not like what it was a hundred years ago when diamonds were really rare.
Kinda like how it is with gold, it's only worth like 1/5th of it's price. It's messing up world economy!

But yeah. I don't like shiny stuff.
Except if it burns, or tastes nice. :)

The Thing said:
'No! Don't put me away! I'll give you diamonds. Everybody wants diamonds! Diamonds will make everything all better! Diamonds! Diamonds!'

LOL :LOL:

That's from The Simpsons right?

"I couldn't help but notice your house smells of faeces" :LOL:

Adverts in general just piss me off.

The Thing said:

Hahaha, yeah, that's from the Simpsons. Great quote for the thread.

The Thing said:

*On the plane*

"What a nice lady" :)

:LOL:

I'm not a fan of diamonds.. they're kinda boring really. My parents own a jewellers, so yeah I see far too many goddamn diamonds. I'm not a jewellery person either :p

And I don't care how much someone spends on a gift.. I'd be more pleased with a gift that I can tell was thought about than an expensive diamond. Besides, what's the point in spending thousends on one frickin ring when you can get a cubic zirconia one which looks exactly the same for far less..

*doesn't see the point in jewellery* :p

On a side note, I believe they've found a way to make literally perfect diamonds expceptinally cheap, like a few dollars for a sheet a few feet long. The only way to distinguish it from natural forming diamonds is that the diamonds created are PERFECT, no impurities. It's gonna have massive reprocussions on the diamond industry.

burner69 said:
On a side note, I believe they've found a way to make literally perfect diamonds expceptinally cheap, like a few dollars for a sheet a few feet long. The only way to distinguish it from natural forming diamonds is that the diamonds created are PERFECT, no impurities. It's gonna have massive reprocussions on the diamond industry.

$5 for diamond armor eh?

'I'm invincible.'

Lol

I don't care. Probably never will. Never need to either. Ill just stroll along and try and ignore the ads for a diamond for my non-existance girlfriend/fiance/wife. I wouldn't mind the idea of diamond armour, maybe I could buy a diamon house, and paint it black, don't see the point, but at least Ill be safe :p. Ill make sure there's no windows

Druckles said:
maybe I could buy a diamon house, and paint it black
/me hums

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colours anymore, I want them to turn black

*Ahem*

burner69 said:

Yeah it has equal amounts of preassure applied all round basically.

As for buying a sheet of diamond. I don't think its quite that good yet. Unless theres been some breakthough, I'm sure they can only make small diamonds. However, a diamond roll cage inside a car would be interesting. I'd like to know how it would stand up.

Diamond windows would be cool. Throw bricks at it, and not make a mark :D

Be a breakthrough, sheets of diamond. Or just large lumps of diamond in general. Then if time travel were possible, you could take it from the future and sell it in the past. But there would probably be a large difference due to inflation depending how far in the future it would be.
Or it could not, and we could all live normal lives and not do any time travelling at all :rolleyes:

Right.. I veeery much doubt they're able to make PERFECT diamonds without impurities.. Because the impurities, aka other matters, are what hold the processed carbonite together. A perfect diamond would pretty much dissolve into nothing.
So no perfect diamonds for you. :)

The only time ive ever heard/seen/know of any diamond adverts is on GTA:SA :D

Are the manufactured diamonds as hard as real diamonds?

SHIPPI said:
Sweet! Haha, I wish someone would turn my carbon into a diamond when I die. But nooo, I bet I just get cremated and scattered :( Darn

Or end up in a hilarious situation worthy of a sitcom.

Razor said:
Are the manufactured diamonds as hard as real diamonds?

Yesh.

SHIPPI said:
Sweet! Haha, I wish someone would turn my carbon into a diamond when I die. But nooo, I bet I just get cremated and scattered :( Darn

Don't worry, they will probably just bury you, nice treat for the worms. :p

burner69 said:

You must have read my link. It mentioned it in there.

I gather it's a bit time consuming and expensive, however (but not, I take it, half as complex as mining for "natural" diamonds).

Pfft, diamonds. I'd want diamonds, but only because stupid people pay money for them. Why is rarity such an economic issue anyway? Gold is worth money, as is platinum because it's even harder to find.

You see this scab I've just sheared off my foot? It's unique! GIVE ME MONEY!

"Oh Ed, it's so beautiful... take me now!!"

I mean, maybe glittery ancient rocks are more glamorous but man, this verruca shaving is unique!

Raziaar said:
You must have read my link. It mentioned it in there.
It in there? Sorry, didn't clicky click the link - I got told about it by a friend, that's why I don't know that much bout it.

Be quality have diamonds as a cheap as a whistle resource though - toughest rock going I believe, quality.

Ritz said:
Ritz, I love you - please go into marketing and thus make the world a better place :)

Sod giving someone diamonds. I'll make them something that reflects their personality and my relationship with them. I think that's much nicer, and I happen to know people who agree with me, which is handy!

I bought a girl a necklace (engraved) and a bracelet. She no longer wears the engraved necklace, but still uses the un-engraved bracelet. :(

Psh, I don't want any freaking jewelry, I want GAMES! LOTS OF 'EM!

Ritz said:

Ahahahaha, classic XD

Back