didnt know there were so many mods for hl2 allready

Firslty, I'm willing to bet a fair portion of those will collapse mid-way through development.

Secondly, of those that do reach completion, there's no assurance they will be any good.

no, what's gonna happen is all these modders are gonna get caught up in the awe of half-life and forget they were working on a mod. out of all those i'd say only %10 will be finished... if that and chances are only 1 of those will be worth playing for a day.

shit really? than i was being too generous. Make that %5 and only 2 will be worth playing for a day.

Originally posted by nw909
Over 195 mods on the mod database.
And there's probably twice as many in total :)

But true many will not make it. Most just go over their head without a team.

Oh wait, I do that too :p
Naw, at least I'm a programmer, and I have a mod that is 99% based on just code, so at least I have a 50/50 chance of actually getting somewhere :)

Actually 198, but probably much more that don't know about modb.

here:

damn it, now the mexicans are making "life or death" mods. what next

There were over 200 mods for HL1 in development at one time. How many were good/got finished? about 5.

I want a Pong mod!!

omg, I just though of "The HL2 Pacman" mod. omg it will own :D~

Originally posted by Nuclear_Gerber
I want a Pong mod!!

omg, I just though of "The HL2 Pacman" mod. omg it will own :D~

yeah, ms. pacman really needed some bouncing boobies.

Originally posted by Kyle2
no, what's gonna happen is all these modders are gonna get caught up in the awe of half-life and forget they were working on a mod. out of all those i'd say only %10 will be finished... if that and chances are only 1 of those will be worth playing for a day.

agree

If statistics are to believed, less than 10% of ambitious mod project ever see completition, so of those two or three hundred currently planned, only about 20 will actually be released, and of that 20, most likely 90% of them will suck.

ppl make too many mods that look like eachother.. I mean, everyone wanna do a realism mod.. that's just dull, give us fun mods, not realistic mods!
Monkeystrike forever!! ;D

Yeah, fun mods making use of the physics engine the nuttiest way will be one of the winners.

Considering I still have Quake 2 installed only for QPong... it would be nice if that mod was updated to the Source engine.

Back