Dino-Instinct News

A

Azlan

Dino-Instinct pits teams of dinosaurs against each other, with several different gameplay modes proposed. Such as herbivore vs. carnivore and what have you. They have released a few models to show the public. [br]

[br]To read more about this interesting concept, visit their website by clicking this link.

Seems like a interesting idea.

talk about bad unwrapping, stretch marks everywhere, and the models are pretty low poly to, for the HL² engine you would be able to pump the poly's up 2 times as much

polys are good I think

It looks realy good, I hope they make it

"OOH BOY LET'S MAKE A VIBRANT BLUE DINOSAUR LOLZ GIMME MORE LSD"

^^ quote from someone.

As long as Jurassic Park isn't a reality we can make bright red dinos with red trim if we want to. There simply is nothing known about their skin color.

MaxiKana said:
Did you ever think that it migt be a Blue-Team skin?

And yeah, the skinning looks a bit crap tbh.

Wolv said:
As long as Jurassic Park isn't a reality we can make bright red dinos with red trim if we want to. There simply is nothing known about their skin color.

True, we don't have knowledge of skin colors. We do however have this thing called "logic". A predator is not going to have bright colors like that, it would be far too easy for prey to spot it. Camouflage = easier food, therefore they are far more likely to have had plant-ish colors than bright blue stripes, that's evolution for you. Just look at pretty much any modern day predator. Same goes for a herbivore, it gains little by being an obvious target.

Of course, if you can find me, say, a species of crocodile with bright yellow skin and pink spots, I stand corrected. If not, then you have to admit there are things known, or at least almost certain, but you're simply choosing not to use the knowledge. Which is fine of course, it's your mod after all.

By the way, MaxiKana's post is quoted from a sarcastic remark I made on irc. Don't take it too seriously.

Hence the ""

I found it pretty funny though.

Whats wrong with blue dinos ?
it think its good, when you see it from our perspective ( humans with rifles ). Atleast we can see him in the woods, who are often green. :>

I work with Dino-Instinct if you don't already know. Just a FYI.

Those are HL1 models, we were testing some new textures on old models to see how it would turn out.

Uhm, if its a herbivore surely it won't be interested in attacking other dinosaurs.. I think they will have to reilliterate the story of this mod. :p

is it me, or is the one on the right looking camp?

'oookaaayyy darling! you look FABulous!'

just the 'claw' gesture really...

theGreenBunny said:
True, we don't have knowledge of skin colors. We do however have this thing called "logic". A predator is not going to have bright colors like that, it would be far too easy for prey to spot it. Camouflage = easier food, therefore they are far more likely to have had plant-ish colors than bright blue stripes, that's evolution for you. Just look at pretty much any modern day predator. Same goes for a herbivore, it gains little by being an obvious target.

Of course, if you can find me, say, a species of crocodile with bright yellow skin and pink spots, I stand corrected. If not, then you have to admit there are things known, or at least almost certain, but you're simply choosing not to use the knowledge. Which is fine of course, it's your mod after all.

By the way, MaxiKana's post is quoted from a sarcastic remark I made on irc. Don't take it too seriously.

Like the Chamealeon, Tree Frog, Gecko and Manta? How about the Tiger?

EVIL said:
talk about bad unwrapping, stretch marks everywhere, and the models are pretty low poly to, for the HL² engine you would be able to pump the poly's up 2 times as much

stfu :cheers:

anyways, those look AWSOME. i love the freaky deaky colors, maybe a bit too neonish and not realistic camoflauge, but hey, its a game, and in a fighting game , you jsut want to duke it out.

love the idea, theres been alot of dino mods but sadly none of them will let you play as dinos, this rox.

I hope ya'll have 1st and 3rd person combat :D will keep an eye on this one

nice concept... :thumbs:

(i want to see a naked pink dino... with no clothes on)

Back