Direct port of Counter Strike 1.6

N

norledge

Could this be the answer to renew counterstrike? While CS:Source is good its taken alot of what counterstrike is out of counterstrike. I miss the days when my spray actually meant something. If it was a direct port it would play the same but with real physics and good looking explosions. They could renew maybe a few of the poor looking textures. I think this would make alot of people happy, the old players would still get that counterstrike feeling and would be treated to new physics etc. The newer players would experience an up to the moment game with a classic shine to it.

urm, so what your saying...is you want a new engine?? because source feels like it does, because of that, it is on source. But i sympathis, im a CS veteran, but like ot dable in the old Cs:S they feel only slightly diff, its just...it aint a modified quakengine anymore!

I think he wants CS 1.6 with shiny walls and ragdoll physics. (kinda like HL:S)

CS:Source doesn't feel like Counter-Strike anymore, it's a shame. :(

Im happy that it doesn't feel like it anymore, the aim and feel to the weapons is way more dynamic now.

Well, I would love if they put the Source engine into the Counter Strike 1.6 game. But, if they did this then there would be no point in having Counter Strike: Source. And, therefore they would make the renewed 1.6 availible for purchase so either way it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, well, I think that CS:S is just an evolving step in the game. If you like 1.6 so much, play it. There are still a hell of alot of people who do. CS:S is something old, yet adds freshness to the game, which attracts new and old players alike. So if the old dont want to move on, stay with 1.6, its no skin off anyones back, and tons of people still play it, like I said.

Back