Disappointed you can't kill friendlies?

we11er

Reaction score
I was looking forward to executing Eli in front of Alyx, but I guess allowing this would have caused LOADS of problems in the game.

So it doesn't really bother me that much. How about you?

Actually, killing friendlies over and over again in HL1 was one of my favorite things to do. I'd find some scientists, kill them, then quickload and find a more creative way to kill them again. I'm sure it would be easy to mod into HL2. I might even try it myself after I complete the game.

i wonder why they didn't keep to the HL1 formula.
kill a "generic" friendly NPC, such as a resistance fighter ? your loss. kill an important NPC ? screen fades to black..you know the rest

nagual678 said:
i wonder why they didn't keep to the HL1 formula.
kill a "generic" friendly NPC, such as a resistance fighter ? your loss. kill an important NPC ? screen fades to black..you know the rest
Because you're not working at a lab anymore. You could go on a rampage, but they couldn't call enforcements because they're against the enforcements.
I'm fine with it.

It just loses it's sense of reality if you shoot at someone with a shotgun and nothing happens.

:sniper:

I was shooting at Eli's wife?? (i thought it is his wife) for a couple mins, nothing happened

Heheh, I didn't bother trying... But while I was walking over the electric dam, there was a bird flying by, and I shot it down with the SMG... He made a satisgfying "WAAH!" sound and fell down :D

I DO feel disappointed that I cannot shoot friendlies. Some of the most fun I had in HL1 after I beat the game was to go back to the beginning, turn on cheats and get all weapons, and have barney let me into the first area (with all the scientists), and go all psycho on them. It was funny shooting them in the legs, and watching them run away, then headshot them to take em out... Hopefully some one can find a command to disable them for once I have beat the game.

No i am not dissapointed
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL THEM!!! YOU MONSTER

its the only thing i dont like about hl2. in my mind hl2 is tied with ff7 and ff8 in my mind...and thats short of impossible to do.

however, seeing the possibilities of source, the weapons we have, the scenarios we're given in the game, it would have been nice to experiment killing friendlys, seeing what cool shit can happen, laugh ur ass off, and reload and try something different. i hope someone mods it eventually....

MajorPayne said:
I DO feel disappointed that I cannot shoot friendlies. Some of the most fun I had in HL1 after I beat the game was to go back to the beginning, turn on cheats and get all weapons, and have barney let me into the first area (with all the scientists), and go all psycho on them. It was funny shooting them in the legs, and watching them run away, then headshot them to take em out... Hopefully some one can find a command to disable them for once I have beat the game.
me to!
i love sluaghtering then!

sHm0zY said:
No i am not dissapointed
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL THEM!!! YOU MONSTER

Maybe I dont really want to KILL them, just shoot em a little, and watch them try to limp away, then shoot em a little more....

I love killing the sea gulls. They just seem to stand on the ground walking in circles....

Back