**Discovered way to get to off-limit areas in DMmaps!!**

B

BP_MOSCOW

dm_overwatch0007.jpg

dm_overwatch0012.jpg

dm_overwatch0016.jpg

It's a cool technique I discovered by accident last night, you can even get into sniping windows that are totally off limits i.e. there is NO OTHER way to get to these areas on the maps...this is done during a game in progress so no cheats on or anything. It really shows how good the game really is.

Now before you flame me me, I use NO CHEATS or exploits. Simply the Havok engine and it's awesome physics model - i.e. hypothetically, You could use the same techniques in real-life :bounce:

I managed to get into a 2nd story window and very small square room - also I managed to get over the steel wall -both locations iin Overwatch.

Has anyone elsefound this technique?.

:E

Great, now your going to ruin it for the rest of us.

I hate people who discover exploits, things get patched and ruined for everyone else.

azz0r said:
Great, now your going to ruin it for the rest of us.

I hate people who discover exploits, things get patched and ruined for everyone else.

Read my post again. it's NOT AN EXPLOIT or CHEAT. It's very hard to do and takes more than one try - in a full server you'd probably get killed a load of times before you get to your ledge, window, over a wall etc...

I'm simply using the physics engine to do this. Took me a few hundred try's before I mastered the technique.
:dozey: :naughty:

Either piling physic objects or using the rpg explosion.

azz0r said:
Either piling physic objects or using the rpg explosion.

Neither. The dev's guarded against the piling technique by severely limiting the height you can jump - therefore piling stuffbecomes useless. Haven't tried the rocket technique - guess it'll kill you before you get upto any proper height, my method does'nt damage the player at all :naughty:

I don't get it... That's just a bunch of random screenshots to me..
What are you doing exactly?

Aint this just jumping on an object which can be "Manipulated" by the gravity gun, then just look down, shoot at it with the grav gun and you fly in the air???

First shot and 3rd shot, I'm on the other side/top of the steel wall in overwatch....not supposed to be able o get there at all. Go to the wall and see what I mean.

2nd shot. I'm in a very small square room in a building with no stairs up or anything - again, map designers did not make that room avaiable to players. I got in through the window. Was very hard but managed it.

MrMango said:
Aint this just jumping on an object which can be "Manipulated" by the gravity gun, then just look down, shoot at it with the grav gun and you fly in the air???

Yes! Very cool - you use the objects like see saws with mega energy. There is one specific object in the game that'll give you precise control over where you wanna 'fly' to.

I guess we can't hear you explaining how to do it because you're head is up your ass. :)

P.S. It's already been explained by someone else! :D

SLH said:
I guess we can't hear you explaining how to do it because you're head is up your ass. :)

P.S. It's already been explained by someone else! :D

hehehe.

It's been explained. ;)

Yeah, some weird things can happen with the physics, for instance I was messing around with the physics on a server when I was flung up into the air and landed on the 'roof' of the map.

BP_MOSCOW said:
Neither. The dev's guarded against the piling technique by severely limiting the height you can jump - therefore piling stuffbecomes useless.

I managed to pile stuff in dm_overwatch to get into walls and snipe rooms.. For the road blocking walls it was easy with the help of cars there..then just few green office blocks onto cars and you were up... but the physgun shooting was funny too!

i used a desk and a barrel to get up on top of the building in overwatch...

i thought that was cool :D

yea with the grav gun like it can bounce u all over the place if ur on the car and u use mouse1 on the top of the car it launches u mad high

yeah, you can propell yourself with it from object to object (only stuff you can manipulate)

BP_MOSCOW said:
It's a cool technique I discovered by accident last night, you can even get into sniping windows that are totally off limits i.e. there is NO OTHER way to get to these areas on the maps...this is done during a game in progress so no cheats on or anything. It really shows how good the game really is.

Most likely mapping errors by Valve, seeing as how fanatically they clipped things in the singleplayer game. Quake had similiar features in DM levels.

what a useless post , when you posting something than explain it and dont act like it is ****ing gold or something you found.

<?>..::ButcheR::

BP_MOSCOW said:

Dream spot, now all I need is a crossbow with full ammo, magnum with full ammo 100/200 health/suit and Im all set for the whole timelimit.

i guess it just depends on the object then? can anybody get any good heigh with cabinets or shelfs? dumpster works good 4 me but thats about it

oberGeist said:
/me did similar things in Painkiller like 6 months ago :rolleyes:

This is not Pinkiller :rolleyes:
Anyways, hes right, thats not an exploit ... not only that, its very hard to do, took me 10 tries but I made it.

i managed to get in the window here (pic below). hell knows how i fitted through the gap. filing cabinets are useful for some things

dm_overwatch0007.jpg
dm_overwatch0004.jpg

Back