dm_drift

Dux

Reaction score
Quick little dm map I'm currently working on.

dm_drift3.jpg

dm_drift4.jpg

wow, looking very good so far, my only problem with it is the white/grey pipes seem to stand out too much, they dont match the "feel" of the rest of the textures

You know, I think I'm a pretty good mapper. Then I see what Dux does and I......cry.

I hate you Dux.

Outsanding, Report when your done. I want to run your map on my server.
Hey man, are you entering the Map Competition?
Because if you are, then there will be some great competition.
I also hope your map isnt like those maps that look great, but run like shit (30 fps and under is shit) even with a Radeon 9800xt 256MB.
People dont understand that you have to keep it balanced, and use the tools that are given.

dude keep the clutter and litter out!

i see theres not much crap to thro about with gg

thats so much better than shitloads of crap scattered around

:)

josho said:
wow, looking very good so far, my only problem with it is the white/grey pipes seem to stand out too much, they dont match the "feel" of the rest of the textures

Yeah, it annoys me too. Just happens to be the one decent curved pipe that doesn't come in the alternate rust skin. I'll have a fiddle later.

AgentXen said:
Outsanding, Report when your done. I want to run your map on my server.
Hey man, are you entering the Map Competition?
Because if you are, then there will be some great competition.
I also hope your map isnt like those maps that look great, but run like shit (30 fps and under is shit) even with a Radeon 9800xt 256MB.
People dont understand that you have to keep it balanced, and use the tools that are given.

I doubt I'll enter it. But if I feel drunk enough after christmas then I may. As for performance, I only have a Ti4800se, it runs well enough with the action going (while hosting) so it should be fine. I'd like to have made it even more detailed - I did plan to be able to pull up the entire floor with the grav gun but I think the server might blow up if I did that. So limited myself to 5 tiles, which you can see in the pictures.

Thanks for comments.

Shaping out really nicely, I hope to see more of this! ( Like the rest of the map so I can make some ideas on how well it will play )

Looks good man, reminds me of unreal tournament...what actually is the map about?

Holy sh*t, this looks amazing. Reminds me from Duke3D in some ways :O

Dux said:
I doubt I'll enter it. But if I feel drunk enough after christmas then I may. As for performance, I only have a Ti4800se, it runs well enough with the action going (while hosting) so it should be fine. I'd like to have made it even more detailed - I did plan to be able to pull up the entire floor with the grav gun but I think the server might blow up if I did that. So limited myself to 5 tiles, which you can see in the pictures.

Thanks for comments.

You'd have to be drunk not to enter it :p Beautiful map (judging from the screenshots). The map that will win the contest will be just mindblowing BTW :).

josho said:

I disagree, they look fine to me :|

Quelaar

Me likey! If every amateur map had this level of skill put into it, I'd play DM more often.

Is there a story behind the setting?

It reminds me of a UT map as well.. which is good since UT has always had gorgeous art direction.

I don't know how people can bust on Source with beautiful stuff like that.

WOW!!!!!!!! Has a UT kinda feel, I was thinking about doing a map but after seeing this one, I think ill stick to checkers.

Looks nice. You even got compliments from Cliffe!

Ah thanks everyone. I was asked to submit it to adrenaline-gamer 2, I agreed, so -

drift_004.jpg

drift_005.jpg

Is this a competition map?

It looks fantastic. I just wonder what your plans are with it?

It looks like a perfect AG2 map, btw.

Don't tease me like this, its mean :(

I'm going to poke you with a stick until you get this finished!

Hey Dux, not to rush you but what kinda time frame are we looking at for completion?

God, I was all ready to post my map off on monday, Im not sure i will now.. :O

Back