dm_plaza17 online test tonight

Dario D.

Spy
Reaction score
I would just to invite everyone to an online playtest of DM_Plaza17 tonight at 9pm Pacific Time (USA west coast).

All are invited. Just download the beta map (here) and join the only server that's running dm_plaza17_beta

01.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

Nevermind, sorry, I wasnt able to get the server working in time. Im having some technical issues that I can't figure out... such as why it won't detect my custom maps in the Dedicated Server app, and why the server won't appear in the Server Browser (even with sv_lan 0):O

Well when you do get it running make sure to post and I'll give it a try. ;)

my server has been running your map for quite a long time now :)
only complaints really are there's too many smg nades and orbs which makes the map spammy... and some of the spawn points could've been placed better (very easy to get killed in some of the locations).
Otherwise it's a good map.

Oh, you mean the old beta? Yeah, I've since reduced the AR2-Ball and SMG-Nade counts to 2 each (plus one of each that are hidden).

I played on a team-DM server that was playing the beta the other night (I'm not sure if it was yours or not), but the item respawn time was insanely fast (like 5-second respawn time), so AR2-balls and SMG grenades were firing all over the place, almost constantly.

Regarding the vulnerbale spawn points, I would need someone to show me where they are... Are there any in particular, like the ones in the back of the plaza, perhaps?

I'll download it today. Maybe i'll find some servers playing on that map. Oh, and congratulations, it's very nice

wow that is a really good looking map. gotta give this one a try

Oh, you mean the old beta? Yeah, I've since reduced the AR2-Ball and SMG-Nade counts to 2 each (plus one of each that are hidden).

I played on a team-DM server that was playing the beta the other night (I'm not sure if it was yours or not), but the item respawn time was insanely fast (like 5-second respawn time), so AR2-balls and SMG grenades were firing all over the place, almost constantly.

Regarding the vulnerbale spawn points, I would need someone to show me where they are... Are there any in particular, like the ones in the back of the plaza, perhaps?

was possibly the old beta... will have to check out the new one.
My server doesn't have 5 sec item respawn time thankfully :)
The spawn points I'm worried about are the ones at the front of the plaza out in the open. Easy fodder for anyone that's got the RL or combine rifle.. or AR2 for that matter. If you respawn there you basically have to pray you can take them down with a grav-nade and run away before someone else finishes you off. On a server with less players this might not be as much of an issue.

Back