dm_prisoner (halo port)

Incredible job! Kudos! Keep it up, and all that.
:cheers:

Running non-stop on my server right now. Svdownloadurl is working so it should download in just a few seconds.

70.84.25.243:27015
-[pHenyl's House]- www.phenylshouse.com

Debris please :). I like gravity guns.

Good map IMHO.

Dont out a Halo map in Halfife, maybe change it so it looks deifferent but with somewhat the some affect to the player and the same atmosphere but you dont instantly think of Halo.

no i think the map is beautiful the way it looks, the lighting is spot on and fits a prison dm style well

I felt that a classic recreation should encourage more weapon play, but ill make sure the gameplay is more varied with extra physics objects, combine objects, etc, like roller mines. and more combine static prop detailing in the right places for the revamp. any other suggestions are welcome

clarky003 said:
any other suggestions are welcome

hows about having two versions of the map.The DM version,and a CTF version.Would love to see this map running in the CTF mod: please : :p

I played it for like 2 hours last night. I feel that the map is balanced beautifully. Too close-quarters to whore the rocket launcher, camping the crossbow spawn yields diminishing returns (because sooner or later someone's just going to toss a flame barrel up there), and the action is really fast-paced. Definitely a map for anywhere from 4 to 8 people, as I felt 10 was pushing it when it reached that amount.

Even though we owe the design to Bungie, I have to say I'm impressed with the large number of paths to take in this map. i.e., the upper area can't be defended too well because there are 3 separate ways to get up there. You never know which way to turn. Great stuff.

Also, great great job on the lighting. You made the map look fantastic.

/end rant

I enjoyed the map a lot. Ladders were hard to get off of but that is par for the HL2DM course.

Very fun map!

clarky003 said:
I felt that a classic recreation should encourage more weapon play, but ill make sure the gameplay is more varied with extra physics objects, combine objects, etc, like roller mines. and more combine static prop detailing in the right places for the revamp. any other suggestions are welcome
Needs some more optimizing.

Lagged like hell on Prophet's server.

Fun map, only drawback, some ppl on our server complain about the spawn where you have to crouch to escape.No big deal for me, but little thing easy to fix.

I like it, will add mirror @ lanmaniax.com

Great screenshots you've got there, any chance of seeing a real fight in those scenes? :D

Back