DM_Subway DONE!

meatbadnoeat

Reaction score
t.jpg

Its finaly done, no more betas!!!, go to my site at
h2.gxweb.net to see more pictures and to download map.

Hope you enjoy the combat on post Half life 1 New Your City Subways.

Offcourse the subways are working, and you can ride them.

Thanks for every ones help who beta tested the early versions and gave me so much usefull feedback.

If it is done why name it dm_subwayV1.bsp?

Eventually there will be Admin Mod for Source games. When they do that I'm sure a lot of servers will allow map voting. People who give their maps simple names will have an advantage. I know it sounds silly but it gets hard to keep track of map names if they have V1 this and _final_17 in their names.

Just one man's opinion.

Its too HL1ish.

Brush work for seats and stuff just seems kinda lame nowerdays.

People are too afraid to go crazy with the brushwork...

Come on! Trim some curves!

Subway

The trains is modeled after a real ny subway, so the seats are shapped like those. Since the train is moving i needed to keep brush work on it to the minimum it already brings my gf6800 to 50 frames per second. But if you notice i replicated the real trains round roof which i must say was a big pain in the *(^.
Plus the Half LIfe train that your ride in is a brush (in the beggining of the game);

Your right about the name, being needlessly complicated, v1, but i intend to keep suporting this level for a while, so while its not a beta and there is nothing wrong with it. I may periodicaly release a an update.

Back