Do people still play BF2?

poo?

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking up a copy of BF2 since I never got around to it last year but I was wondering if theres still a respectible amount of people still playing it as to not waste my money.

And Im talking about just vanilla BF2 not any of the crappy expansions theyve released.

Its funny cause to this day I can still fire up the old BF2 demo and find a few hundred people playing it and get into a good server...

Anyway, anyone know where I could find the cheapest copy?

Yeah, a lot of people still play BF2 and quite a few members from these forums still play. You'll always be able to find a server with a decent amount of players on :)

There's plenty, no risk of it dying down until BF2142 / ET:Quake Wars, which will be a while from now.

Make sure you add everyone's XFire in this subforum.

There's actually far more people playing today than there were last year.

bf2 has been picking up, but with 1.3 a lot of my friends stopped, they and myself are waiting for a fix to the server crash problem!

yeah ive clocked up 500 hours, but this patch has made me stop playeing- ruined it for me. Back to good 'ol BFV

Good ol' BFV? More like good ol' BF1942, that's where its at. :p

No way, BFV infantry fighting is easily the best in the series. BF1942 is a great game, but a bit slow paced for me. Plus nam's got the music - i need say no more.

Hrm yes you do make some good points I forgot about. At times in 1942 you'll find yourself endlessly running in order to get to some action. It was all there in Vietnam. And blasting "Surfin' Bird" from a jeep was awesome too. :p

wait... how do you get music inside the jeeps? i haven't figured that out, i think i have that option on... but i don't hear it.

BTW, What are you talkin' about?! I love chopper combat in bfv!

AçкяØñ said:
wait... how do you get music inside the jeeps? i haven't figured that out, i think i have that option on... but i don't hear it.
Been a long time since I played it but don't you have to cycle through it some how? Iirc you just sat in the driver's seat...

btw, i love me the kinks! In BFV they did an awesome job with Napam too, playing 64 player and dropping napam on half their army is sooo fun.

Gotta love it when the teams are heavily stacked though. Some people really don't care about fun these days.

Kyo said:
Gotta love it when the teams are heavily stacked though. Some people really don't care about fun these days.

Yeah, some people will only play to get their rank or whatever up. Thats a downside to the ranking system, but if theres a few friends with you on a server you can make it fun really :)

AçкяØñ said:

BTW, What are you talkin' about?! I love chopper combat in bfv!

Press '0' to bring up the music menu when inside a vehicle, then select from the song of your chioce by choosing the letter (eg. 'f' for 'on the road again')

AWESOME!

btw, you're right, this ranking system makes people too serious. My friend from down the streets thinks he's better than me because he has 10,000 more points than i do, and he started after me. Well, i spent most of my time playing with friends on servers that need like 10 people to start a game. SNIPA Wars! i love just messing around like trying to get jets under impossible bridges and stuff lol!

btw, i pwned him our clans scrimmed each other:
total Team kills deaths
[MFK] Ackron77 46 2 22 11
xlDWlx P1st0l 23 15 4 26

it twas' an 8v8 scrim =] omg i love the AK-101

Yes, that is a downfall to the rankings. People don't want to waste any second of the time they spend playing BF2 because their SPM will go down. No more screwing around and just having fun, its all serious to get a higher Gscore and a Bronze, Silver, or Gold.

Back