do tell of the expansion,

terrorist420

Reaction score
i was just watchin g4tv Attack of the show to be specific, n they mentioned they have the exclusive to the hl2 expansion, so my question to you is this: a) is there anywhere else i can get info on the expansion right now? and b) gimme.

Little info so far, as opposed to that it is pretty much assured it is going to be about Alyx. Looking forward to it is about all I can offer.

As Greatgat has said, very little is known.

You should try searching "Alyx Expansion" or "New HL2 Expansion" for your required info.

the expansion g4 is talking about is the HDR 'Lost Coast' levels
look on steampowered.com, there was some concept art a while back

A finally they'll include those levels... I just wish they include the ice breaker level too. it'll be much cooler!

I'm taking a wild guess that we might see some of "Icebreaker" in the Alyx expansion. Valve has had too many requests for it for them not to try and work it into a future release.

Here's hopin' anyway.

It's probably about Alyx/Dog, and we almost certainly won't see Icebreaker.

I'm hoping for BIOZEMINADES!

nooooo, i forgot to watch g4 :'( *sigh*

Then again, remember, this is G4TV...they have A LOT of false information...and information that is based on delusions, and are the network for fallacies...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Then again, remember, this is G4TV...they have A LOT of false information...and information that is based on delusions, and are the network for fallacies...

Except this time it was Doug Lombardi himself throwing out all of the information. But then again, he said that the Alyx Expansion pack stuff was just rumors ;)

I don't want an Alyx expansion. I'd rather have a random rebel or Combine expansion.

Or you know, Corporal Shephard.

TST_Devgru Seal said:

explain how my favorite tv channel is bs plz.

terrorist420 said:
explain how my favorite tv channel is bs plz.
I have to agree, that channel isn't great. <3 teh intarweb for gaming news, kthx.

It was just a joke.
Doug was there to talk about "The lost coast" a new level featuring the use of the HDR technology (people with cards less than Geforces 6's or ATI equivalent shouldnt even think about it, doug said it).
So the "showman" just made a joke about it, "today we will talk about... a exp-pack featuring alyx.."
Just a joke, everybody laughted, and after that the showman said "seriously... we will talk about the lost coast"

Don't tease

Arghh! I'd love to have ALL this stuff... the Icebreaker, more Alyx, dog, whatever. Bring the Cremators! Bring the water tentacle! Shepard! Bullsquids! Tentacles! That fat rent-a-cop that busted into the vending machine! I think the only thing people won't like is whatever is left out, not what is attempted to put in. Include the zombies with the chests that bit and that would throw pieces of their guts at you. That was great. In fact, the question may be, what wouldn't we wan't to see? On the other hand, maybe we'd prefer them to spend their time and energy on new creatures? Synth? Man, I feel like a six-year-old who is trying to guess what's under the Christmas tree. :E

So wait, only Nvidia 6XXX or Ati XXXX are gonna work with the HDR levels? BOO! I have 9800 pro that says it needs some love...

Back