Do U even Know What Version U Have Bought?

IchI

Reaction score
By the way. everyone who has hl2 on pre-order, have u realised that u might actually get only the single player game? They will be 2 retail box version. One with mod and online capabilitys and another with only single player. Tbh u should really ask your pre order retailer which version they are providing. I can see a lot of ripped of people and very angree people with the hole pre-order thingy. I am just gunna download mine from the internet and burn it onto a CD, I am also thinking about going on a substription for only 6pound a mounth with valve. Mainly because I really cba to pay 30pound each time I want a new hl2 based game. Anyway I just fort i would warn u all. If u have no clue what I am talking about with all this subcription and single player and no multiplayer. Then check this out:

http://halflife2.homelan.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5885

Also what everions are u planning on getting? do u think the subscription is worth it? about 6 pound a monuth is nothing in the uk. Thats like 1 1/2 hours wages for me. I would proberly do it. But one of the big questions will be. Is that can I use my solo card to pay for it. If I can;t use my solo card I am ****ed. I don;t use credit cards because they are totally shit and waste so much money. This is the reason I don't play planetside. Mainly because I can;t use my solo card to pay. Hmmmmm. Only time will tell. But if u had to say now. What are your thoughts?

I didn't pre-order at all, im just going to buy it in the stores after school.

Might want to preorder at the store. Cause this puppy is going to sell like...like.....really really fast :p

I was waiting to preorder it until I found out more about the Collectors Edition. I've always intended to buy that.

Best Buy better get off there asses and have in on the shelves when its released...the one i got to has a bunch of lazy ****tards who have no clue what there doing.

Thank God I didn't preorder the game just yet. ^^

Pre order + buy at store, I always buy a second copy of a class game incase of sales shortage, then sell it elsewhere for a bit mroe or just keep the thing incase it becomes a collectors item. Im not making sense today, 1 hours sleep plus 3 days of alcohol takes its turn :(

Stil, 27 days left :D

I already pre-ordered at EB, im sure when i get there to pick it up i can just say "this is the sp and the mp right?" and if its not he can change it. No big deal.

I got it from that specail HL2.net / gameplay deal :S. Im going to go email them now :)

There's 2 versions? I never heard anything about this.I just thought there would be the regular and the special edition. I think this is pretty dumb. Wouldn't it be easier to just make them all with MP and let the player choose whether or not they will play MP?

gameplay are selling the game for 26pound. Tbh gameplay are the best site for games. They are wicked cheap prices and the delivery is done through royal mail. Its so good. My planetside came to my door 3minutes and 30seconds it was released. Which is prity dam ****ing good. I had it special delivery by royal mail which cost me like 10pound. It came in silver packaging and everything. ****ing hell it was like christmas LOL. Its a pitty I only played it for a mounth :( then can;t play it now because I can;t pay using my solo card :((

Originally posted by IchI
By the way. everyone who has hl2 on pre-order, have u realised that u might actually get only the single player game? They will be 2 retail box version. One with mod and online capabilitys and another with only single player. Tbh u should really ask your pre order retailer which version they are providing. I can see a lot of ripped of people and very angree people with the hole pre-order thingy. I am just gunna download mine from the internet and burn it onto a CD, I am also thinking about going on a substription for only 6pound a mounth with valve. Mainly because I really cba to pay 30pound each time I want a new hl2 based game. Anyway I just fort i would warn u all. If u have no clue what I am talking about with all this subcription and single player and no multiplayer. Then check this out:

http://halflife2.homelan.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5885

Also what everions are u planning on getting? do u think the subscription is worth it? about 6 pound a monuth is nothing in the uk. Thats like 1 1/2 hours wages for me. I would proberly do it. But one of the big questions will be. Is that can I use my solo card to pay for it. If I can;t use my solo card I am ****ed. I don;t use credit cards because they are totally shit and waste so much money. This is the reason I don't play planetside. Mainly because I can;t use my solo card to pay. Hmmmmm. Only time will tell. But if u had to say now. What are your thoughts?

Well Gabe said that the SP only version will be sold at Walmart, etc (basically non-gamer general merchandise stores), and that the SP/MP version will be sold at EB, Gamestop type places. I got mine from EB so I should be good to go.

Originally posted by Feath
I was waiting to preorder it until I found out more about the Collectors Edition. I've always intended to buy that.

Same here...I've always planned on pre-ordering at EB a week or so before the game comes out when things are finalized a bit more.

Re: Re: Do U even Know What Version U Have Bought?

Originally posted by Bass
Well Gabe said that the SP only version will be sold at Walmart, etc (basically non-gamer general merchandise stores), and that the SP/MP version will be sold at EB, Gamestop type places. I got mine from EB so I should be good to go.

That's not the case, that's just how their referring to them. Gabe said in his follow up that he expects Wallmart to sell the most of all three versions just because they've got the most volume. All stores should have all versions. You'd better double check!

Well I've emailed the shop from which I've ordered asking them if they have any idea about the three different versions.

Well, if there's a SP/MP version, I'll just buy that ;p

Damn, now why 3 versions of HL2?

What the hell?!

I just want to go to the local gamestore and BUY HL2!

I expect it will be CD or DVD and include single player HL2 and multiplayer HL2 (maybe updates and auth via STEAM) Nothing more, Nothing less!

Now there will be a full version and lite version in store? And what about the rumours where you can d/l hl2 over the i'net

Argh! /me has another headache

It's likely that the single player only version will be around $30 and that it isn't available for preorder anywhere.

guys, realize that EB sells preorders for future games assuming they will cost the standard price, they dont have specific information about each of the versions right now, or at least not last time i was there, i asked specifically if they had the limited edition seperately (this was in june i think) and they didn't, so you'll most likely be preordering the standard prices game, which i would assume is the version with SP and MP.

I just got home from class, well from pre-ordering HL 2 @ EBX. I asked the guy "whcih version will be shippinh? SP only, SP/MP only, Deluxe Edition?" He looked at me for 5 seconds ....then I said "ok bye" lol he didn't even say anything

Originally posted by Goombatommy
I just got home from class, well from pre-ordering HL 2 @ EBX. I asked the guy "whcih version will be shippinh? SP only, SP/MP only, Deluxe Edition?" He looked at me for 5 seconds ....then I said "ok bye" lol he didn't even say anything

exactly, they dont have specifics yet, but if you preorder now you can always change the preorder over to a different version when the time comes.

i don't understand preorders. throw a deposit for it at eb and pay the price diff when it arrives

I'm still a bit confused regarding the SKU used via Steam. If one doesn't have the monthly subscription, does that mean that they can't download basic updates to the multiplayer? I don't want to have to pay an additional $10 on top of the game in order to play with the rest of the masses. I'm not talking about things such as TF2 or CS2, its quite understandable that those will require an additional purchase. What I'm referring to is the basic patch updates given to Half-Life 2, the game. Say one person has version 1.1 because of his subscription account on Steam, and I have verson 1.0 with a store bought one. Will I need to pay a subscription fee to upgrade to 1.1?

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I'm still a bit confused regarding the SKU used via Steam. If one doesn't have the monthly subscription, does that mean that they can't download basic updates to the multiplayer? I don't want to have to pay an additional $10 on top of the game in order to play with the rest of the masses. I'm not talking about things such as TF2 or CS2, its quite understandable that those will require an additional purchase. What I'm referring to is the basic patch updates given to Half-Life 2, the game. Say one person has version 1.1 because of his subscription account on Steam, and I have verson 1.0 with a store bought one. Will I need to pay a subscription fee to upgrade to 1.1?

I seriously doubt it...releasing patches and making sure the game works for people who bought it is part of the agreement with the developer when you buy it. It would be a terrible idea on Valve's part and possibly illegal (although I have no clue about the law in those situations, but it is Valve's responsibility to their customers to keep it working for everyone).

I don't want to flame or something but i want to kill you IchI.

I pre-ordered mine back in June.
I asked them about the Collectors Edition version after I had heard about it and they didn't know anything official about it yet. They did say, however, that if there was a different version that I would be allowed to purchase which one I wanted. I would simply just have to tell them and pay the proper price.
If you've payed off the game entirely on a pre-order then they will probably give you back money if the version you want is cheaper or ask you for the remaining amount if it's more expensive.
I don't think it's that big of a deal.

:cheers:

Re: Re: Re: Do U even Know What Version U Have Bought?

Originally posted by trantjd
That's not the case, that's just how their referring to them. Gabe said in his follow up that he expects Wallmart to sell the most of all three versions just because they've got the most volume. All stores should have all versions. You'd better double check!

Thanks for the tip, but Im pretty sure EB will have the MP version so no need

SOME INFORMATION THAT IS VERY POSITIEVE:

I have also pre-ordered HL2.

I checked my site, and they have a release date of 20 November. I emailed my shop for some information. I told him that the release date was confirmed on the ECTS. I got this e-mail back (translation):

Thanks for the message.
There is no info on the release date at this moment.
The release date stands for 20 November at this moment for the Netherlands (I think that's bullshit coss it is a worldwide release, right?)
The release date in the US is on 30 September.
We are busy to get some information on the date of 20 Novembre.
The date wil be edited if we know more.

I got this e-mail this day, a hour later I checked the site, they had changed the release date to 30 September (I think because of my e-mail and there research):bounce:

(Sorry for the bad English)

Information:

E-mail orgininal writed in Netherlands
Webshop: pcmedia.nl
Date: 03-09-03 (dd-mm-yy)

Trust me guys, this release date for 30 September can't be delayed (me hoping :dozey: ). They have a reason to change this on a massive game shop.

(Dont't flame or blame me for some reason please, off-topic maybe, i don't know)

, Yust another Gamer! :cool:

Well, I just called the Gamestop that I reserved my copy of HL2 and I told them I reserved it and that 3 different versions were coming out. They said the release date was Feb. 2nd (Thats the longest I've seen but I still believe the Sept. 30 Date) but anyway, I told them I wanted the Single Player/Multiplayer Bonus version and they wrote it down on the card thing they keep so if you reserved it you can probably just call them up and tell them which version you want and they will write it down.

I preordered the one that costs $50. That is definatelly not the sp-only version.

Well, even if you do pre-order at like EBX or somewhere, and come Sept. 30th, when you go pick it up, and if it happens to be SP only, just ask for the SP + MP version, and im sure they'll give that to you instead.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I preordered the one that costs $50. That is definatelly not the sp-only version.

I'll go on a killing spree at Valve's offices if the SP+MP is more than $50 plus tax.

Back