Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Automatic

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Both

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • I don't drive (yet)

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
my 2004 mazda 6 will burn all y'all off the line mutha *******.

bitch, i gots me a spoiler and shit.

/gangster

:eek:

my citroen doesn't even have servo steering let alone automatic transmission.

i'm actually pretty surprised that there are so many automatics. i've driven maybe one or two in my life.

What model Citroen do you have? I love their rally cars, god damn they are awesomer than ****.

I don't understand this "stick" thing either. Every automatic car I've ever seen has a lever too, it just serves a slightly different purpose.

Automatic, I like not having to deal with the gear shifting of manual, though I suppose I should learn how to drive Manual eventually.

I originally learn to drive with stick, but I have an automatic now, because a $500 1990 Honda Civic is the best deal I could ever ask for.

Like I have much of a choice; Manual

Automatic, I like not having to deal with the gear shifting of manual, though I suppose I should learn how to drive Manual eventually.

It becomes second nature after a while

VW's DSG gearbox apparently has lightning quick gear changes as it has 2 clutches, but I just feel that these new DSG/tiptronic/flappy paddle shifters are taking away from the driver's interaction with the car.

Sports cars these days are slowly becoming DSG/flappy paddle exclusive, well at least in North America. Take the MKV Golf R32...it only comes in DSG in NA but in europe they offer both. Same for the Scirocco R and Golf R(rumored to be coming in NA and if so hopefully will come with a clutch).

I just find that with 3 pedals, you can take a mundane old crappy econobox aka Toyota Tercel and have loads of fun with it just because it has a manual gear box. Take the same crappy econobox fitted with an automatic gearbox...well you get a boring, old, crappy econobox.

Pics to go with this post:

MKV Golf R32:
vw-golf-r32-2.jpg

Scirocco R:
vw-scirocco-r-550x330.jpg

Golf R:
VW-Golf-R-0.jpg

Toyota Tercel:
91812071990204-480.jpg

I drive both. I drive an automatic for my personal vehicle and drive geared vans for work.

Gotta be honest, prefer driving with gears.

Back