Do you exercise?

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Do you do anything for your body to make it look better (yeah, short recoil, we know you do ;))? Recently I thought it would be nice to have a more pronounced chest and generally gain some weight and googled for some related stuff, but there's a shitload of exercises and training programs, while I only wanted to do some basic stuff to make myself look a bit better. oO How come many guys look good without working with a training program, being on a diet etc., then?

So, do you exercise in any way (sex doesn't count in this case ;))? What do you do?

I exercise quite a bit during the summer, but not to make my body look better, I'm happy with it the way it is, but rather to increase my stamina etc so I can hopefully join the military, I bicycle 2 KM every 2 days in summer, and try to run a few hundred meters every day.
I've been thinking about starting to work out but I haven't been able to find a gym I feel comfortable with here, most of'em are far too crowded, the worse ones are even crowded with old wrinkly bald people!(THE HORROR!!:LOL:)
I've heard of a gym that's open 24/7 though, gonna look that up, maybe I can go work out at night :)

No.

I should though...I'm not overweight at all but passing the days by without ever breaking a sweat makes me feel unhealthy D:

Nah. Starting to get a little bit on the tubby side again, so I should start getting out a bit more. It'd be alot easier if I didn't hate my neighbourhood :)

How come many guys look good without working with a training program, being on a diet etc., then?

Genes. Pure and simple.

Genes. Pure and simple.

That's not fair. *Injects all of them with flesh eating virus* There, now we're even.

I do exercise sometimes but not enough to make a difference. My problem is that I'm too damn thin, I could very well pass for an escapee from a detention camp LOL:LOL:

I never really pay any attention to my body shape or health, I can eat all kinds of crap and do jack shit all day and never put on weight. but that's probably because I generally like the taste of healthy food compared to crap and play sport for fun so it doesnt really seem to me like I'm pushing myself or anything. But I could and have lived like a pig without doing much at all to my fitness level, maybe I just unconsciously stop myself when it goes too far. I don't know.

Genes. Pure and simple.
I dunno, people say this, but like how many fat people do you know who work out alot and eat healthy?
Or how many muscle men do you know who watch TV all day and eat crap.

I lift weights and do push-ups three days a week. It's not much, I know, but it's something...

Yeah, I'm quite keen on keeping fit.

I do a half/three quarter hour upper-body workout every other day (weights, tricep dips,those ab crunch things) and cycle to university every day - thinking about it I probably clock up around 50 miles most weeks. Recreationally I swim a lot, and take two hours of aikido every semester week. I run sporadically with friends but I prefer cycling, you get to cover more ground.

I don't get to surf anymore, I'm too far away from the coast, so I suppose I'm compensating for not having a sport that keeps you in trim :)

Define 'push up' first - lots of people will have their own definitions and the scores will vary accordingly :E

I tend to bench, squat, run, jump rope, do pullups, curls, almost anything that I can do with freeweights.. I also do pushups, situps, and stuff like that. I try to exercise every other day. Also remember if you work out your chest you have to workout your back or you will always be hunched over when you start to get a profound chest. Also if you work you biceps you have to work your triceps etc....

A bit, much more than I used to years ago but not really that much. I would like to do it more though.

So many push ups can you guys do?

About 10 before I physically collapse.

With the exception of sex I partake in no other forms of exercise.

I dunno, people say this, but like how many fat people do you know who work out alot and eat healthy?
Watch Penn and Teller's Bullshit on Genes and excersise.

I don't work out as such, don't take part in any sports (except css, which really burns the calories off my fingers), and yet I can happily run through my entire town without breaking a sweat, even though I prefer sprinting. I am however not muscly in any way. My body frame is really slender, except for my shoulders which are pretty broad. Even so I havce good strength for my weight group.

Did karate a lot since I was 6, 18 now and I have just decided to give up today actually lol, at 2nd dan black belt. SO the years have karate have given me a fit and healthly body, now to upkeep it I exercise whenever I can during the week, at least 3 days per week. Things like press-ups, sit-ups and weights. I also continue to practice karate even though I have quit so I do grow rusty which is very good exercise, and I have an excericse bike which I use a lot (running ****s your legs up in later life a doctor told me lol), I also do strenching and all the exercising karate taught me. Like lying on my back, hands in waist, holding legs 6 inches off the ground, moving them from side to side making circles with my feet. Can hold it for about 2 mins before my stomach starts burning with pain lol. Give it a try ;)

I work out (mostly running/biking - sometimes rock-climbing) at the local university gym a 3-4 times a week. I do 2 sets of 40 push-ups (and climbing) each night. I just have to get up to 75 in one set.

I don't really exercise all that much. I'll do some weight lifting or push ups every now and then but that's really it. I usually have to move around heavy objects at work so I guess that counts towards it to.

Genes. Pure and simple.

Do you mean Metabolic rate/Metabolism? The faster it is the more calories you burn while idle and when slower, less.

I walk 3 miles to work in the morning - mostly uphill, takes about 50-55 minutes.
Walk half the way back and catch the bus the rest of the way usually.

I eat fairly healthily, and I'm still really quite overweight. BMI of 29 I think.
It's always been the way - even when I played badminton four times a week and cycled everywhere, I still only got down to 12 stone 8.

So it is possible. But on the plus side, carrying my briefcase to work every day has done absolute wonders for my arm muscles!

I don't eat much junk food. I don't eat anything from the big fast food chains like Mcdonalds or Buger kings. Horrid stuff that'll just **** you up quicker than polonium 212. Anything I do eat is usually homemade.

You can't look at the extreme cases, it's only the middle of the pack. Like people who eat a lot and never gain weight, or people who don't eat much at all and gain a lot of weight easily. Or guys who naturally have a medium muscle mass without lifting a finger, and the opposite end of that spectrum.

As for me, I'm a parcel pickup guy at my local grocery store (see: cart jockey) so that's pretty much all I need.

I used to ref hockey but I'm not doing that this year. If I stop doing my current job for whatever reason though, I'll have to do something or things could go south fast. I already plan to start reffing hockey again next year.

You can't look at the extreme cases, it only the middle of the pack. Like people who eat a lot and never gain weight, or people who don't eat much at all and gain a lot of weight easily.

As for me, I'm a parcel pickup guy at my local grocery store (see: cart jockey) so that's pretty much all I need.

I used to ref hockey but I'm not doing that this year. If I stop doing my current job for whatever reason though, I'll have to do something or things could go south fast. I already plan to start reffing hockey again next year.
Genes probably do have a part to play. But for example, I've got a mate who's pretty well built and this guy eats so much shit you wouldn't believe, goes to my college so everyones always like why isn't he fat? But actually, he plays football at lunch with me, runs in the evening. If you do a lot of exercise your metabolic rate increases for the next couple of days afterwards. I'm not sure how much credence there is to this theory, but I reckon that the best way to keep a good figure is through exercise, diets rarely seem to work, girls are always on them and never lose weight. All it takes is exercise imo, since I started college I've been playing football every lunch and my figure is well improved. You'll find very few overweight people who do high intensity exercise on a regular basis (at least 3 times a week).

It's an off/on thing for me.

There are period where I'll go to the gym three or four times a week, just to suddenly stop. I'm currently trying to make it a regular thing. Get a bit of upper-body strength. I don't have any weight problems, and my physique ain't too bad. But being a computer junkie doesn't exactly do wonders for me.

I swim once a week for an hour. Thats only because my mum goes os its convient. Apart from that, no. D:

Well I am quite healthy but I don't exercise as often as I should. I do have a running machine, which I know go on every day.

Why are you giving up?

No need to carry on, I can upkeep my fitness myself, being an instructor is wearing thin and I have mastered it so figured its time for something else, im indebted to what its done to me though. Plus when I go to uni later this year I wont be able to get there anyway.

You should probably put rocks in a rucksack and do pressups, then.
Pfft, short recoil takes one of them to bed, just to make getting out in the morning a bit more challenging.

Why not crawl under a truck face down and THEN try and do a press up.
Hardcore.

I like running/biking outside sometimes. I live on an 85 acre ranch out in the sticks, so I do work a lot i.e. moving hay around, doing various shit with animals, repairing things, etc. I have a bunch of fun places to stroll around, as well, like streams and ponds and woodsy places. Also, I got a nice weight machine for Christmas that fits nicely beside my bed.

Back