Do you guys find Half-Life 2 spooky/scary ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hallucinogen

I do sometimes, like when Im in a dark room and you can barley see, so you dont know what is in the next dark room, what is gonna jump on you and attack you.
Like in the basement when I went down, if not the flashlight I wouldnt of went in prolly, so I go in and I see a dying man there, so I rush in there and I get ambushed like by 10 zombies and headcrabs ... son of a bitch ... I got the fack outta here.
But seriously tho, some dark levels and room freak me out kinda.

Yes, the game can be VERY creepy at times (don't mean to sound like a nazi, but posting specific examples in't such a good idea).

how bout' those levels with the creepy see-thru headcrabs

http://www.******/showpic/?/gallery/betashots/images/hl2_betashots_280.jpg

Actually it's not as scary as it could be. I mean I think the dog through the window in Resident Evil was one of those truly frightening moments. HL2 could do things like that and make it freaky as hell. Overall I think Doom 3 will be the king of FPS fear games for awhile!

Those zombies that scream and kinda fly at you are pretty damn freaky, same that with basement level when all the zombies come at you, i died along with 4 friendly ai :< there were just sooo many zombies coming from infront and behind.

Originally posted by qckbeam
Yes, the game can be VERY creepy at times (don't mean to sound like a nazi, but posting specific examples in't such a good idea).

Explain yourself :)

Originally posted by SiRiNO
Those zombies that scream and kinda fly at you are pretty damn freaky, same that with basement level when all the zombies come at you, i died along with 4 friendly ai :< there were just sooo many zombies coming from infront and behind.

LMFAO!!! I hate those screaming zombies .... they sound like some dying old man that went berserk.
They like jump/fly and kick and punch and whatnot, but the sound they make is freaky and annoying.

BTW, that is the basement level I talked about, I just got the fack outta there with 4 health.

Which one is the basement level?

Right now I find D3 more scary, but HL2 focuses more on storyline and immersion then just the brute force scare factor that D3 will have.

Originally posted by ParaBellum
Which one is the basement level?

Right now I find D3 more scary, but HL2 focuses more on storyline and immersion then just the brute force scare factor that D3 will have.

Its somewhere in the city, I forgot which map tho ..... its like an abandoned building, and when you get in there ... you encounter 2 HC and 1 Zombie ... once you kill them, you go forward and there is a basemet, really dark and you can barley see ... there is a dying dude there that you got to rescue, but as soon as you approach him you get ambushed by dozens of Zombies and few headcrabs, one of the Zombies throws those white/see-thru headcrabs.

i find that the g-man has a creepy voice and if you want spoilers im me on aim mayern02

this is off-topic for this thread, but does anyone here actually get to see the new g-man in the HL2 beta? That scene were he is talking into the camera is in the beta but it doesn't work right and when you see him in the map e3_techdemo_2 instead of standing on that post fixing his tie, he is laying in the water like a ragdoll. I don't understand that at all. Does it work for anyone else?

this is off-topic for this thread, but does anyone here actually get to see the new g-man in the HL2 beta? That scene were he is talking into the camera is in the beta but it doesn't work right and when you see him in the map e3_techdemo_2 instead of standing on that post fixing his tie, he is laying in the water like a ragdoll. I don't understand that at all. Does it work for anyone else?
i believe you can spawn him.

also i know parts of the game :eek: :eek:

Maybe he wanted to take a quick swim ?

how about OG half-life
GamePro Magazine Editors picked half-life, #2 Scariest Game Ever.
Is in GamePro Magazine November 2003 issue 182

Originally posted by Unnamed_Player
Actually it's not as scary as it could be. I mean I think the dog through the window in Resident Evil was one of those truly frightening moments. HL2 could do things like that and make it freaky as hell. Overall I think Doom 3 will be the king of FPS fear games for awhile!

or even better, the dog NOT coming thru the window in the gamecube version!

Yes, I find the game creepy sometimes - when it is really dark, and you aer on your own, and you are enlosed in a huge building with no windows, and you can hear zombies around the corner - that is creepy.

DONT YOU PEOPLE READ THE RULES?!

No talking about ANYTHING in the beta, and NO SCREEN SHOTS.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back