Do you own an Xbox, or otherwise console?

What do you own?

• I own an Xbox. Love it!

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I have a PS2. It rocks!

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Gamecube, or other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I play PC and console games, both are cool.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • PC gaming rules, consoles suck!

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Blair

Reaction score
I've been debating about buying an xbox, and wanted to get an honest opinion from PC gamers who have one. Mainly just the ease of use, and lack of upgrading is making it seem more appealing.

Only console I've ever owned was a Playstation, and I loved it :D But now it's broke :( But I like PC better than any console, and I've tried em all.

Got an Xbox,PS2,PS1,and used to have the N64(disconnected from my TV)

Heh,love em all,but I still love me 'Box.

Originally posted by Fat Tony!
Xbox is crap get a ps2
I second that, before, at elemtary school, my friends and I would debate about which is better? XBOX or Gamecube?
I favoured Xbox until I though about a few things.
PS2 is the best, GameCube is second and Xbox is last.
Sony and nintendo have more experience in making games, Microsoft is just rich.

I have heard that the only reason so many people use PS2 is the ammount of games available, is this true in your cases? Also, my limited knowledge of consoles seems like Xbox has more updated graphics then any console thus far.

A hypothetical question.. If the all the title's that were on PS2 could be played on Xbox. Would you rather have the Xbox, or PS2?

I got a PS2 a few month ago, didn't like any of the games so i sold it for
a £60 profit on what i bought it for :cool:

I do fancy having an Xbox though.

Xbox's controllers are huge!
Microsoft employee: Recently, Microsoft has been getting emails about the Xbox Controllers being to big.
Microsoft employee: I mean, whats the big deal?
*Raises hands in question
*Hands appear to be huge

microsoft doesnt make the games you idiot ehiter does sony :/ i wont blame you know i see you just got out of elementry theird party game makers make ps2 and xbox games nintendo does make alot of games and thing b4 you post

G·Man
get a xbox if you like pcs you will like a Xbox gamecube is for elementry ps2 is for the masses

G·Man
get a xbox if you like pcs you will like a Xbox gamecube is for elementry ps2 is for the masses

Tredoslop try a controller S or a other 3rd party controller again think b4 you post

didnt mean tripple post sorry any mod if you can delete 2 of em il edit one....

Oh, my bad, I see now. But next time--don't call me an idiot;)
I have feelings too!:p
Edit: And I was referring to the original controller.

Bloody small-handed people, Xbox controllers are fine :p

Can't wait till GTA comes to the Box t00t :D

oopsie did the wrong option on the poll

Ok let me present some facts here not speculation. Xbox has the best graphics of any console currently present. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo (as in the companies who make the consoles) do not make games, they liscence first party games or third party games etc. from other companies. First party is usually when they purchase a certain developer and own it. X-box is generally targetted towards a older/ more mature crowd, thus bigger controllers. However the other controller S as well as third party controllers are smaller. Of course xbox also has all the hard-drive junk, it is also possible to download saved games, and play on xbox live. For instance xbox is going to get half-life 2, ps2 is not, almost every port has better graphics for xbox unless the company is a lazy crapper.

As for opinion on the matter I like xbox's games more.. most of ps2's games that are considered good either come to xbox, or xbox has something better in the same category. PS2 at the moment has more RPG's of quality imo. I like the big controller personally cause I don't feel as if I'm going to break it from handling it too roughly and if your friend beats you at a game of Dead or Alive 3 you can swing it by the cord into his head and knock him unconscious for a few hours. The grand theft auto for xbox is a pack of both GTA3 and GTA:VC.

Oh, so it dosn't matter if Microsoft dosn't have that much exp. in making games, as long as the other companies do right?
Then Microsoft could have better games because they have the money to make more contracts with other companies, they already have a contract with Epic Games.

l0l H3 Iz 7rYiNg 70 7@Lk H@Ck3r WhEn h3 Ju57 @ n00b v3ry FuNnY dud3 PlU5 wHeN u d0n7 kN0W hOw To 7@lk rIgH7 U l00k lIk3 @ fAg 0r U 57uPiD C0Ck sUkIn FaG?

Originally posted by Whezzy
l0l H3 Iz 7rYiNg 70 7@Lk H@Ck3r WhEn h3 Ju57 @ n00b v3ry FuNnY dud3 PlU5 wHeN u d0n7 kN0W hOw To 7@lk rIgH7 U l00k lIk3 @ fAg 0r U 57uPiD C0Ck sUkIn FaG?

Errr....right.....I'll disregard that, hope I didn't accidentally hit the report button...all I did was use the "shift" button, take a chill pill.
You haven't seen me do real leet speak.

pc and gamecaube... but only for super smash bros...

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
pc and gamecaube... but only for super smash bros...

I Second that! :cheese:

From time to time (actually once a year for a b-day party), my friends invite me to "old-school" it on the N64 for Super Smash, ah, the good times...

No way, get an Xbox. Not only do they have the best console currently on the market but they also have the most insight into future gaming. I mean, when the big titles of 2004 come out like Halo 2, Doom 3, Halflife 2 and Dues Ex 2: Invisible War come out, the Xbox is the ONLY console that will be able to handle them. Gamecube is just about dying in the water and have to rely on their GameBoy Advance to get them any money while Playstation 2 just has to rely on sheer number of games to get it any cash, but technically, Playstation 2 is limited in the games it can handle. Just look at PS2's version of splintercell... :S I mean, why would you buy a Playstation 2 if you knew that sooner or later as the graphics and requirements of games went up, the PS2 would be left trailing in the dust of Xbox?

Xbox is the way... and with the money you have left over, get a few awesome titles like Halo, Splintercell or RTCW - Tides Of War. Oh yeah, and a Live subscription.

-Razor2YK

Yeah buy an xbox for all the watered down ports of games you can get on your p.c!!!

I love my Xbox. I get better framerates on it than I do my PC. And at a fraction of the cost I might add. Not to mention, you can easily mod it to add a bigger hard drive, install a new OS, or even backup games to the hard drive. It's a small PC, and it's wonderful. Xbox Live is just like playing online with a PC. I rather enjoy playing Unreal Championship, MotoGP, Inside Pitch, NFL Fever, etc online. The community is quite large and it's very smooth, mainly because everyone has to be on broadband and not dial-up.

It is true that PS-2 has a larger selection of games, but the quality is no where near as good, if you ask me. Most of the PS-2 exclusives usually make their way to Xbox eventually. Look at Metal Gear and GTA, both huge PS-2 exclusives, until now. However, games like Project Gotham, Brute Force, Halo, Halo 2, etc will never get ported to PS-2. It just won't happen. As for the other games PS-2 has, most can be found on Xbox but in much better renditions. Splinter Cell for instance, is much crisper and smoother than the PS-2 port.

In the end, I own all the consoles plus a PC. However, Xbox gets the majority of my attention. It's just a very solid and complete gaming platform. I'm really looking forward to see what Microsoft and ATI can do for the 'Nextbox'.

Also the PC here. If a console would enter the house it would exit it thrice the speed it came in.

About the big controllers (the duke) they dont make those anymore;however, they still do sell them and the Controller-S(the ones that they do make now) are about the same size as a PS2 controller. I like the x-box myself. If you have an HDTV, i suggest getting the high definition pack. If you want to use the xbox as your computer, buy the 1.4ghz version;however, i dont think that version is made by microsoft. And it is very easy to replace the hard drive. I don't think you even need a mod chip for any upgrades, I remember a hacking group finding a vulnerbility in the xbox's os. Im not sure you would have to do your own research on that.

I have a PS2 and just recently bought an XBOX off of Ebay (awsome i would recommend checking it out) and must say i love it, i have been unable to put down the controller while playing Knights of the Old Republic and Halo (which is now out for pc but oh well) but hey Halo 2 comes out in a few months and probably not for pc for a while, and yes XBOX is a much more capable machine then PS2 and i stuck with PS2 becasue they had the one good thing that kept them in place and that was GTA and now that is coming to XBOX, the new one is gonna be PS2 exlcusive for a while though but i would suggest getting an Xbox.

Back