Do you remember?

I remember the horribleness of Steam when it was first released. Man was it a cluster ****.

I think I just got my 9600XT, and was about to get an x800GTO *Which was NOT any better..*

wtf, most of you guys didnt even know about hl2 before it was released? Shame on you!!!!

I remember the first time seeing those E3 movies...
I remember seeing an ad in a magazine that had the crowbar tilted on its side, the shadow behind it forming a "2." There was only one thing it could be. This was before the game was officially announced, well before the E3 videos.

Later, my local CompUSA had a projector display set up to showcase three projector models; whoever set up the display was a HL fan because those monitors played the E3 videos on a giant screen from opening to close every day. I used to stand around and watch them for hours. (That, and to visit the Xaser III case I'd eventually buy to build the computer I intended solely for HL2)
One day in my Sophomore Year of high school, I was wandering a game shop. I picked up a game called Half Life, I had heard good things about this lady, and so I bought her. Needless to say, I fell in love.
I used to skip high school to hang out with my older, graduated friends at the game store they all worked at. Most of my time was spent staring at the original orange box. I didn't even have a computer at that time; I'd never owned a computer. But I was so compelled to have that game (even without hearing about it; not even having ever read a review on it; I was motivated by the box) that I wheeled, dealed, whined, begged, and traded to acquire a computer and the funds to purchase Half-Life. For weeks after people thought I died and the school sent truant officers to my house because I hadn't been seen. My friends would stop by and knock on the door and I'd never even hear them; the only way I'd even know of their presence was if I happened to glance at the shadow of someone moving past the blinds of my room.

Ever since that day...i have dedicated my life to hate and kill every last one of you halo fanboys out there. **** you disgust me.

that's the spirit, **** you halo fans!

I remember a few weeks after it was released, i was in school in math class, and the teacher said "so i heard theres this new game that just came out...cant remember the name...started with H or something" and i proudly put my hand up with a smirk on my face "Thats Half-Life 2 sir" to which he responded "huh? no im talking about Halo 3" while the rest of the class looked at me with "wtf is half-life 2? lol what a fag Halo 3 is the most amazing game ever, get with the news noob" eyes.
Half-Life 2 was released in 2004. Halo 3 was released in 2007. If you replied that Half-Life 2 had just been released in 2007, you really should get with the news.
that's the spirit, **** you halo fans!
Bah to you.

Semi-unrelated question: Does anyone still have a copy of that milk jpg that VALVe had on their website a long time ago (like '03-'04, possibly in relation to the HL web "game" that went nowhere, not sure though) -- the one with a dude with a milk mustache and something about government conspiracies?

Half-Life 2 was released in 2004. Halo 3 was released in 2007. If you replied that Half-Life 2 had just been released in 2007, you really should get with the news.
He almost certainly meant Halo 2.

Bah to you.

Halo 2, my bad. Not a halo fanboy :/

Semi-unrelated question: Does anyone still have a copy of that milk jpg that VALVe had on their website a long time ago (like '03-'04, possibly in relation to the HL web "game" that went nowhere, not sure though) -- the one with a dude with a milk mustache and something about government conspiracies?

that was the Cigarette Smoking Man from X-Files, you noob - how can you not know him!?

:|

I used to skip high school to hang out with my older, graduated friends at the game store they all worked at. Most of my time was spent staring at the original orange box. I didn't even have a computer at that time; I'd never owned a computer. But I was so compelled to have that game (even without hearing about it; not even having ever read a review on it; I was motivated by the box) that I wheeled, dealed, whined, begged, and traded to acquire a computer and the funds to purchase Half-Life. For weeks after people thought I died and the school sent truant officers to my house because I hadn't been seen. My friends would stop by and knock on the door and I'd never even hear them; the only way I'd even know of their presence was if I happened to glance at the shadow of someone moving past the blinds of my room.

That's hardcore. :O

I remember getting it a week before my birthday when my dad picked it up on the way home from work, not realizing it was meant to be for my birthday. I kept hold of it anyway. I remember this was my first proper go at PC gaming aside from Half-Life which will run on any computer these days. I did not have a gaming computer - I knew nothing of nvidia or GTX10282948294829048's and the pishposh, I just wanted to play some Half-Life 2. Steam took forever to install, levels took forever to load, checkpoints and save points froze the game for upwards of five to ten minutes, the game looked like lego and yet... it was one of the best things I've ever played.

I'll never forget Ravenholm.
ravenholm.jpg

d1_ravenholm_010011.jpg

http://www.conclave***/ipsum/ravenholm.jpg
rh_two_with_one_blade.jpg

Back