Do you think combine soldiers run outta ammo

Originally posted by Lordblackadder
The concept is sound. 250 rnds + 50 + 17 and that's it. The could either retreat when out of ammo or hide and attack with knife.
I doubt the AI's so good it'll stealthily hunt you down and wait to knife you sneaky-style. Although that would be just about one of the best things in a game, ever.

Edit: I have e-mail confirmation from Gabe that the AI has a sense of morale so if it were possible for troops to run out of ammo, this would affect them in a big way I imagine.

the combine has infinite ammo - word from gabe.
wether or not they will have infinite patience is still up for grabs though.

Sense of morale, eh? So does that mean that if you waste the a combine patrol's leader in one shot from a big ass high energy weapon, that the remaining combine might run away?

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
Sense of morale, eh? So does that mean that if you waste the a combine patrol's leader in one shot from a big ass high energy weapon, that the remaining combine might run away?

It'd be cooler if they slowly stepped back while firing in unison. I'd love that.

Well, the answer was vague to say the least but it throws up some interesting possibilites. Reacting differently to whatever weapons you're totin', ie: pistol= arrogant let's take this biatch down, rpg= run the f*ck away, he's crazy.
Or killing off all the squad members but one could result in the survivor either getting very very angry at you for wiping out his buddies or absolutely terrified and flees.

Back