Do you think Gman is a future Freeman ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 103 87.3%

• Total voters

D33

Reaction score
I know the discussion thread has been done but I'd like to see proper results of what you all think. It's a simple poll - Yes or No.

I don't want "well I dunno.. I think he might be BUT.." crap.. Just think about it and come to a final conclusion in your mind then vote your answer.

Oh, time paradox's don't have to make sense by the way.. bare that in mind ;)

Im saying no , just because of the chat they have at the end of HL1.

But I do think its a definite possibility. I would be awsome if it turned out true.

think about it...a young guy that needs glasses, but when he's old he dosnt? blah

Hmm...interesting theory...it MIGHT ACTUALLY BE RIGHT! Hee hee, keep thinkin...just keep on thinkin...

but in the chat, if Gman was freeman then he'd know what the answer would be. He'd be bluffing ;)

The G-Man has a widows peak in his hair. Freeman does not.

This means the closest thing that they can be are brothers.

No, even if Freeman shaved his beard and got old, he would still look different. :p

Why the hell would the G-Man kill himself at the end of Half-Life 1 if he didn't step into the portal, then?

Were you smoking something when you thought about this? :x

$niper - That's just a user option. To goto HL2 you HAVE to answer the correct answer which would be the answer that would happen.

Did you think about that? :)

maybe hes his father
together they will rule the universe

Originally posted by Prog.Creativity
maybe hes his father
together they will rule the universe

I can just see tha one happening!!

G-man: *koosh**hiss**koosh* Gordon, Join the Darkside. It is you destiny!

Gordon: Never!

The G-man swings his crowsaber( sorta like a lightsaber, but its a crowbar.....that glows....and cuts things...) and cuts of Gordon's hand.

G-man:*koosh**hiss**koosh* Gordon, I am your father.

Gordon: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Gordon falls away into a black abyss only to wake up at the beginning of Half-Life 3

I think Marc Laidlaw can come up with something a lot better than that.

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
think about it...a young guy that needs glasses, but when he's old he dosnt? blah

Maybe he got contacts... you know the kinds that make it look like you have different color eyes. That and maybe he dyed his hair a different color.

By that logic, G-man could be Dr. Steiner. :p

Nah, doesnt seem to be much of a connection. Considering that the G-man wouldnt send his past on a near-death hazard-filled adventure..

i voted yes, but after noticing the widows peak thing i dont think so

I thought you meant like, a future g-man like, at the end of HL3 gordon will take the gman's place in the suit and the job. and be...the gman, a cold government guy who cares about taking things over. As cool as the G-man is.

Gordon is obviously the product of genetically altered gman DNA. This accounts for the hair and why he is able to smash millions of headcrabs without flinching

Originally posted by Pathogen
... and why he is able to smash millions of headcrabs without flinching

I think that's more to do with the Morphine.

Maybe the G-Man is Gordon's son, you know, the kid in the picture in Gordon's closet....

WTF? That's one of the more 'interesting' theories i've heard about HL2...

Yeah, it's interesting. But I really hope Marc Laidlaw has come up with something better than G-Man and Gordon being related.

Maybe the G-man is a secret love child from Gordon and Adrian Shepherd. That's interesting, but don't you think and hope they'll do better than that?

Originally posted by Chris_D
Yeah, it's interesting. But I really hope Marc Laidlaw has come up with something better than G-Man and Gordon being related.

Maybe the G-man is a secret love child from Gordon and Adrian Shepherd. That's interesting, but don't you think and hope they'll do better than that?

Heh, by interesting, I meant FUBARed. :LOL:

I can't remember the ending of Opposing Force, what did the G-man say to Sheppard?

to frank:

he left in the osprey floating in space because his employers wanted him to be killed G-Man wanted to keep him in case they require his assistance.

i so hope they don't make G-Man and Gordon related it will be really cheesey if they do and very disappointing end to the games

So Corporal Shepherd we meet at last. Please don't think that I've been avoiding you. A great many matters require my attention in these troubled times. I do hope you understand. And now I require a further indulgence on your part. I cannot close my report until every loose end has been tied up. The biggest embarrasment has been Black Mesa Facility but I think that's finally taken care of itself.

But there is still the lingering matter of witnesses. I admit I have a facination with those who adapt and survive against all odds. They rather remind me of myself. If for no other reason I have argued to preserve you for a time.

While I believe a civil servant like yourself understands the importance of discretion, my employers are not quite so trusting and rather than continually subjecting you to the irresistable human temptation of telling all we've decided to convey you somewhere you can do no possible hard. And where no harm can come to you. I'm sure you can imagine there are worse alternatives.

Quite so...

FADE TO BLACK

SUBJECT: CORPORAL ADRIAN SHEPHERD

That's the closing speech from G-Man in Opposing Force.

Yes, I guess there are many things there that point to the possibility of G-Man being an alien or G-Man being Gordon etc. etc. But I still think there's going to be a much better story about it.

morph.gif

tht morph makes it all the more convincing

like someone said "but g-man has a widow's peak hairline"
this is true, , but according to that player model skin so does gordon, its just not as appearant or as receeding yet, but that could come with age

about the eye thing: ever hear of laser-surgery?
about the widows peak: looks like they both have one

have we ever discussed who g-man's 'employers' are? I mean he doesn't sound like he's in charge at all, but just a messenger...kind of like Gordon...

Back