Is it gold?

• Yes

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Despite the fact that valve assured us that "we would know" when hl2 went gold, do you think it already has? I think it might have happened when pratt made the mistake of posting the "countdown" on the geiger counter. Also, the strange page on the gaming mag gives a clue, as does the sayings from the ATi site mod a while back. Do you think its already gold?

If Vivendi could begin production all on its own all robotically then maybe there is a possibility that they could do it if they wanted too.

However there are far too many people to force to keep such a secret, far too many employees working at these production companies. Besides in order to maximize sales you need to maximize hype, by keeping it secret you are essentially minimizing hype.

I realy don't think its already gone gold (i could be wrong). But i think when it does, then VALVe will have its name up in lights. (not literaly) :borg:

you bring a good point mullinator, but what if they forced their employees to sign a V_ _ (forgot the abbreviation). What if they made them keep their secret or lose their job?

Triggerhappy41 said:
you bring a good point mullinator, but what if they forced their employees to sign a V_ _ (forgot the abbreviation). What if they made them keep their secret or lose their job?
Its possible I suppose but it would be extremelly difficult to get so many people.

You have the people that work in the CD printing plants, the people who work at the printing presses for making the manual and the boxes, the people that work at the warehouses to store the finished products, the retailers who will need to be told ahead of time so they can prepare for the release with promotions and storage space. Probably going to be other people as well, transportation, magazines, etc.

You could keep a secret from some of these people but alot of them will have to be told, and others will find out.

i suppose its too hard then...damn. Valve could probably still say nothing, and it would take a while for it to leak out from the employees. The funny thing is no one here would believe the employees unless they had proof. I see a lot of threads about release dates and how game stores know nothing, and that you should only believe stuff from valve. that in and of itself would slow the leaking process. :rolling:

if they finished it, i think they would love to tell eveyone and be done with it.

Valve would difinalty tell us if it went gold, so we would stop nagging them for a release date

i don't think its gone gold yet.
i mean im sure we would have heard something about it had it gone gold.
i think Vivendi are in the testing phase with the game these days.. and Valve is only pre-loading the parts of the game which Vivendi and Valve are both happy/satisfied with.

so yeah.. the pre-loads are a good sign but i don't they are quite there yet. ;)

I sense its already gold, and all my predictions so far about HL2 and CS:S are correct.

I doubt it has gone gold yet, but as far as losing hype.. HL2 could be announced to come out 2 yrs from now and this site would still be buzzing for 420 something days until release. Half Life 2 has all the buzz it can get, and then some. Then again, MY version of "gone gold" is seeing it sitting on a shelf in a store.

Back