Do you think this guy is hacking? (Demo Inside)

Do you think he is hacking?

• Yes

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 43 70.5%

• Total voters
N

NYPD.Vigilante

http://www.devilsclan.net/modules.p...c&t=1731&sid=8fc10c2adaa7d140f91b94475b7ea77d

Here's the story. Spriggans has been playing on Devils Clan server for quite a while. He always had the best score every night, every day of the week. He has been accused of hacking many many times by countless people. I always though he was just good until I finally got killed by him when I thought in a scenario where I thought it was impossible to notice where I was and then I became a bit scepticle too. In the above link is the thread I made on the DevilsClan forum with a demo regarding him hacking. I have hacked before, and I can spot another hacker right when I see it, you can say this is a 6th sense that all hackers or ex-hackers have.

A few Devil members have strongly agreed with me and have banned him multiple times, but Spriggans is a long time member and acts nice to everyone so other admin's unban him. A former Devil member who banned him Satanic, was kicked out of the clan for doing his job and banning that hacker. I know he is hacking, and so does he, but I think he is seriously crazy and keeps on denying it. He is now a Devils member, so he has almost immunity.

DevilsClan is a great large server that me and my friends play on alot, but there is always Spriggans there everynight hacking. He is very careful hacking most of the time. For example, he knows someone is around the corner, but when he nears the enemy, he would still look both ways acting caucious, but he would fire ahead of time into the corner the enemy is around.

I ask every honerable CS player here to view the demo, and if you agree with head onto http://www.devilsclan.net/modules.p...c&t=1731&sid=8fc10c2adaa7d140f91b94475b7ea77d and post your opinion to help rid of this no life hacker. You do not need to register to post, you can insert any username.

Thank you.

Here is a mirror of the demo http://24.185.111.189:6682/sprigg.zip

In his defense of the demo, he claims he heard the CT walk on the wooden bridge as wood makes a different sound so he looked up, saw the CT and fired.

hack6oi.gif

To view demo, put .dem file into your \counter-strike source\cstrike run cs source, and in console type playdemo sprigg

dude seriously get a life who gives a ****. get yourself a hobby mate, and not one that involes cybernetically seeking down "hackers" (who are just infact cheating, not HACKING anything). You get 1 "hacker prosecuted" and what, there will always be more. Kill 1 hacker, 5 will show up at the funeral. Cheats are everywhere, CS HOOKS are all out it doesnt matter stop complaining and deal with it. No one's gonna do shit about this so stop wasting your time. Stop and analyze what you're doing. You are actually spending time to ban some random cs cheater, how sad is that.

Yeah, I heard the footsteps.

No cheating, the guy just knows how to play the game.

got lucky with the hitbox lag
and a good set of speakers of headphones

If you play the very first part, you can see him tracking somebody through a wall. Then he noscopes a headshot on him. Theres a good chance he might be hacking, although he hides it very well.
Play back the demo with host_timescale 0.15 to see it better.

Oh come on, who seriously cares if someone is cheating or not? Some people have actual SKILL in games, FYI. Yesterday in CounterStrike: Source, I was accused of cheating because I had 12 kills & 1 death, & was using only the Benelli non-auto Shotgun. I wasn't cheating, it's just I'm skilled at the game. I think if the dude was cheating, it'd be easier to tell from the demo.

So no, he wasn't cheating. He just got a good shot using the Schmidt without scope. He is SKILLED, not a cheater.

Vorac1ous said:
Oh come on, who seriously cares if someone is cheating or not? Some people have actual SKILL in games, FYI. Yesterday in CounterStrike: Source, I was accused of cheating because I had 12 kills & 1 death, & was using only the Benelli non-auto Shotgun. I wasn't cheating, it's just I'm skilled at the game. I think if the dude was cheating, it'd be easier to tell from the demo.

So no, he wasn't cheating. He just got a good shot using the Schmidt without scope. He is SKILLED, not a cheater.

If I might add, he is extremely lucky too ^^ that shot was not even aimed and he still hit. Nice shot, lucky tho. (no hacking)

I can't see him cheat... He could have seen the first guy before the demo started, and you could hear the footsteps from bridge...

Then again, as I see it anyone using a sniper rifle is cheating.

It's not some random cheater. It's someone that frequents the same server he plays on. He's there often, and always leading the scores. Point being, it's not a random person that may not even be back.

I've seen a few guys that are questionable, but so far I've yet to capture a convincing demo. Do I waste time speccing people? Sure. But there's times when I'd rather just watch than play. If I can catch a cheater in the process, why not?

I have emailed demos to admins of ONE server. I don't go around to random servers speccing and demoing. I stay on a set of servers operated by ONE clan. And then I'll spec someone obviously ruining the game for others by playing unfairly- hostage killing, wallhacking, etc.

You also have to understand that anyone half decent with a sniper rifle will have a much better score than someone that actually risks dying by getting close.

Even if you can hear the CT, how can you get the shot so quick and precise? Why would you fire before you even see him? Plus you can't hear him jump off and know where he'll be in the air. Spriggans was like I heard... I saw... and the shot went off where he was before, that's why shot missed, and you see the guy in the zoomed scope on the right in mid air, it locked onto his spot when he auto aimed, that's why he missed. There was no way he could of knew the guy was jumping off the bridge, the only time he saw him was when he was in mid air to the right of his zoomed vision.

I think its a combination of hacking and very good playing ability.

Obviously low, but it seems when a good player gets a shot like that - everyone is going to jump on him saying they've finally got the proof he's a cheater... :upstare:

Erm, he didn't actually get the shot. The headshot you see in the top right was from one of the other CT's he killed.

He missed the guy who jumped off the bridge, hence the spraying with the glock.

I get headshots with the sniper unscoped fairly regularly. I just know where to aim. I reckon that guy is just lucky and has good reaction time.

I still think that is a genuine hack. I mean... You could see his scope trail along the wall, exactly where the guy would be. Lame

Well I just watched the demo and he doesn't even hit the guy jumping down. He shoots the bloke in front of him, the other CT jumps down, he shoots at him with his glock, and the CT is eventually shot by the bloke with the autosniper. However, put it on timescale 0.5 ("host_timescale 0.5") and when he's aiming at the people in the distance, his crosshair is locked on the head of a CT, then it suddenly jolts off then he fires. :|

Go figure

the yousendit thing expired, but that shot on the bridge in the gif doesn't look very hacker-like. just really fast reactions.

from that alone, no, he is just good with a scout and when he was shooting down the water at the 2 ct's i wouldve hit them, he missed badly there. Ive played better than that recently but i dont cheat.

However if he is cnstantly pulling off crazy luck shots then you might have more reason to be suspicious, because all the time i play great, ill always have a few games where i play crap, everyone gets that unless theyre tooled up with cheats and scripts...

aimbot? hahahha he missed like 100000000 times, so what if he knows where people are, its called using radar, sound, and obvious camping spots

Crazier things have happened, im pretty sure all of us have had times when we've done these things.

THUGENSTEIN said:
dude seriously get a life who gives a ****. get yourself a hobby mate, and not one that involes cybernetically seeking down "hackers" (who are just infact cheating, not HACKING anything). You get 1 "hacker prosecuted" and what, there will always be more. Kill 1 hacker, 5 will show up at the funeral. Cheats are everywhere, CS HOOKS are all out it doesnt matter stop complaining and deal with it. No one's gonna do shit about this so stop wasting your time. Stop and analyze what you're doing. You are actually spending time to ban some random cs cheater, how sad is that.

yeah, you're either a cheater yourself, or you previously were and check out the multiplayer cheat sites, like i do, to be aware of what cheats are out, so as to know what to expect, and when to RECORD and when NOT. In my opinion, you are most likely a cheater yourself considering the defensive role you have taken on this post... The more cheaters PERMA-BANNED, the better.

-morire

see, this is the kind of shit that kept me from playing cs.

that and the fact that the guns are unrealistic in every way (they're left-hand versions when held in the right hand, etc... wtf!)

tracking someone though a wall is a common practice of intuition... it is a legitiamte tacktic employed by real counter-terrroriets, and not that hard to pull off.

Even if he was hacking, I personally know people that play that well here at college... I've watched them, and they are pretty hardcore.

NYPD.Vigilante said:
Even if you can hear the CT, how can you get the shot so quick and precise? Why would you fire before you even see him? Plus you can't hear him jump off and know where he'll be in the air. Spriggans was like I heard... I saw... and the shot went off where he was before, that's why shot missed, and you see the guy in the zoomed scope on the right in mid air, it locked onto his spot when he auto aimed, that's why he missed. There was no way he could of knew the guy was jumping off the bridge, the only time he saw him was when he was in mid air to the right of his zoomed vision.

people are INSANE with CS. Get over it newbie. I ALWAYS hear people's footsteps. I can tell EXACTLY where they are, even when theres like 4 hallways around I can tell exactly where and I don't even have surround sound.

I didnt watch the video but the guy is obviously fishy just from this animated gif. hes sniping with a scout yet look how high his sensitivity is that he can snap 45 degrees that fast while scoped. yeah. as a veteran player that just doesnt add up. and the reports of people saying he was wallhacking in the other parts of the demo.

Hes prolly hacking but i need to see more. stupid people like half the guys in this thread are the reason hacking is so prevalent. you go on a server point out an obvious cheater then everyone stupid n00b on the server proceeds to defend him and tell you about how hes cal-mnop

idiots the whole lot of em.

I don't think he was hacking, its not like he looked up and killed him. He fell and continued the fire fight.

However, unlike others, GOOD FOR YOU. I love to see hackers get their asses handed to them on a paper plate. Hackers suck ass and just piss people off. If I think someone is seriously hacking, I ask others to watch, then I confront them. I don't let it down until they leave the server (as long as I have backup).

O'Doyle

I've been called a hacker on another game i play by TONS of people and banned from servers for it too for being too skilled for them. I dunno about that video as it is way too fast for me too notice anything and i've never played cs:source before either. I've looked at the video like 20 times and my eyes hurt as it looks like it's fast forward and my eyes hurt from it :|. All i can say is that some people can pull off the flukiest shots ever, some can't pull off many flukey shots (it's all about hand eye cordination), i've tested my hand eye (those online target shooting practise games) and got nearly 300 000 score (even though i could easily have 1 million if i'm in my ocused stage) and the top score was nearly 3 million :eek:

Also i've pulled off a few shots like his before, even the one's where you are looking away then all of a sudden look up or something and kill it before it even comes to you like your computer screen faces an enemy, just a feeling sometimes, also hearing footsteps, shots are pure luck, etc.

CookieCuttah said:
A headshot unscoped? What's the chances of that?

play scoutznknives, i'll often practice no-scope shooting with my friends. it's really not that hard...

and footsteps are the best way to "hunt" people down. i often go solo when i play maps, hide someplace out of sight and listen for footsteps. get behind the guy quietly and take him out silenced. i can usually take out 80% of the opposing team this way, single handedly. you just have to know when to move... like dont run out after 1 guy goes buy, wait for all 3 or whatever and pick them off from the one nearest to you, working your way forward.

there's nothing in that demo that makes him look like a cheater... :rolling:
u will just have to waít until VAC2 comes around :p
if he sucks after vac has been installed then u were right :)

Grr, It's been said a few times already - He doesn't even kill the guy falling down!! Watch the damn demo! :p

well, cheers to having evidence, if that's what you want to call it. I have a very dim view of those who accuse others of hacking, in general. In the majority of cases it's either luck or complete noobness of the victim/observer.

good scores, good shots, noscopes, headshots, fast reactions, jerky mouse-movements (within reason)... These are not evidence for hacking.
I've seen legit players on servers of fairly skilled people (IMO) with scores like 30-0. I watched them (I wondered too). They were just very very fast and very very accurate. Nothing fishy to speak of.
I personally played a game a week ago, I killed 5 people in under 2 seconds. Not a grenade, not a machine gun, not standing in a line. Lucky? A bit. I was mostly having a good game.
Noscopes? The un-scoped target area of the steyr scout is less than the size of a dime. Not real small, but certaintly small enough to hit someone at 10 yards or so. I noscoped someone with an autosnipe from one side of iceworld, all the way across the map. It happens.
Headshots seem like the most common claim about 'hackers'. I consider myself fairly skilled. Not the best by a long shot. I get (on average) 50% headshot kills, and often lead the servers in kills that I play. I've played maps and gotten, say, 27 headshots, 35 kills, on a 30 minute map. That comes from lots of practice. I got a one-shot tmp kill from 20 yards on a moving target at fulll run once, half blinded by a flash grenade. That's just blind luck.
Fast reactions? Well, that's just skill obviously. Play a few hours a day every day for a few months and you can build these up.
Jerky reactions? I've seen people I'm suspicious of, but I've seen people with aim-hacks, and it was VERY OBVIOUS. Most hackers don't try real hard to hide it, in general. They just play somewhere when there are no admins around. Exceptions to the rule exist of course.

Anyway, I am a completely legit player, and have been banned from two servers just because I was having a good game. They were some of my favorite damn servers too! Damn stupid admin's. :flame:
So, I don't think a perma-ban should be considered lightly. It's really a bummer. :(

I'd look a the demo (if it's still available), but I'm supposed to be doing homework right now! Doh!

Yes quickness and good hand eye is what you need to have if you wanna be one of those really good cheating looking players. If you got none then you wont make it that far consistently (like me..my quickness is slow and hand eye sux) IMO. When i played (and im a complete noob at this game) yesterday a few people have not missed me at all on hl2dm and left me thinking but then i stopped after when they missed and i just say "ok it's just skill" cuz bots don't miss.

i wouldnt even call that a no scope, make sure ur sound setting is on "headphones" that is to say if ur using headphones cuz otherwise the sound is backasswards, i can hear him perectly on the bridge making the wooden plank noise when he runs on it, only part that looks questionable is how he aims the guys that are at T spawn, its real jerky but then again when i get accused i do shit like that to make em even more pissed cuz it looks like im locking on all crazy, but even if he hacks he sucks at it cuz he cant hit the person right in front of him for shit with that glock. hes just another random pub'r that owns people who have no real cs skill.

Back