Do You Trust Valve With Your Credit Card Info?

Do You Trust Valve with Your Credit Card Info?

• Maybe, if they get their act together

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 119 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • !@#$ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Votes: 15 8.9%

• Total voters
I'd trust them, but I still plan to buy my games at the store. There's just something about not having the box and the CDs that kinda makes me feel like I wouldn't actually own the game, in a way.

i bought cz over steam and had no worries about it at all. valve don't touch the card details, it's the third party that does.

yeah because if all else fails, you can always sue.. this is america after all.

In light of recent happenings at Valve, im not really sure. If you think about it, Valve had a hacker attack that managed to steal a considerable ammount of Valves intellectual properties. Namely Source... AND HL2 content. That says something about their security measures at that time.

By now they must have got better at security. So im gonna say Yes, maybe, if they get their act together.

No I don't. But I probably won't ever buy a game over Steam anyway. I mean boxes are nice and pretty whether they like it or not. Plus they don't seem like the most secure company. But it's not their fault... they just happen to be high profile to a community of hackers and that's just the wrong crowd. I still like Valve though.

goldenboi said:
It doesn't even matter. Someone could easily file a class action lawsuit, just like they did with eBay, and people with get all their money back, andthen some.

But...you wouldn't get HL2 untill its all over. :(

Back