Docks...

B

BuBuliciouz

....so abviously gordon finds himself in a dock.. "where am I" he is thinking while is is looking around. How did i get here? he asks himself..

He seas alot of ships.. old abandoned buildings.. ravens flying away from the docks, giving the whole place a GREAT atmosphere... i LOVED IT! :cheese:

He turns around.. he sees a dead body, the body we have seen before.. a dead scientist with a headcrab on his head.. he doesnt waste time and moves on. He looks down.. finding the legendary crowbar, he moves forward, and sudenly a zombie wakes up. Gordon starts to fight against the zombie. As he stuck down his final blow aganst the zombie, the zombie flies into the water.. dying.. the body floats up (yes we love that :cool:)

But.. Gordon hears something.. the looks back and...

well I guess u'll have to see the rest ;)

I think this is the begingin of the game, where u actually start playing the story line.. why? easy.. THE CROWBAR :eek:
If u havent seen the movie, restart ure steam and watch it... I loved it

btw.. my first post.. yey ;)

I think this is the begingin of the game, where u actually start playing the story line.. why? easy.. THE CROWBAR

It could very well be but I would prefer something a bit more special :)

Welcome to the forums! :imu:

or thats not the acual game and they did it for the tech demo maybe??? that seems more logical than them acually showing the begining of the game.

Speculationes... speculationes.. who knows.. ;)
or maybe he has played to a point where he looses all his weapons and he has to get them all over again? :p
seen that haven't we? ;D

I could swear that the city-thing in the background is part of the E3 movie...that windmill looks familiar.

Remember in the original you get your crowbar twice ;)

Originally posted by Hot Soup
Remember in the original you get your crowbar twice ;)

My thougs exacly ;)

Originally posted by Gud
Welcome !!! Nice dramatization of the video BTW.

Thanx.. I will try do to so in the next video to =)

yay... *tells mom to make popcorn*
i'm thrilled to death!

On the hill that Gordon walks toward is what appears to be a church...! Might this be the hideout of the legendary Father Gregory? (or whatever the heck his name is).

Hey, has anyone been to "The Docks" in Toronto lately? Did they get their liquor licence back?

Besides, you don;t get the crowbar in the beginning of the game.

Originally posted by Calm_Blue_Ocean
On the hill that Gordon walks toward is what appears to be a church...! Might this be the hideout of the legendary Father Gregory? (or whatever the heck his name is).

Indeed! What could be a better hideout for a monk than a church? ;)

EDIT - Oh yeah, a monastery :(

Besides, you don;t get the crowbar in the beginning of the game.
How can you be so sure? The G-man might have left Gordon's crobar on him when he stepped into the green portal...:thumbs:

You know what would be cool? If the game started off right at Nihilanth's death. Completely redone in Source goodness, and the entire GMan offer leading into the game. Mmmmm...

All I know is that the water is amazing. I always thought Morrowind's water was amazing, but it has nothing on Half-Life 2!

Originally posted by Mountain Man
All I know is that the water is amazing. I always thought Morrowind's water was amazing, but it has nothing on Half-Life 2!

I agreed, turn on some AA and thats damn near real life

Are they going to make the crowbar leave marks like bullets do? Im not complaining or anything, I was just curious because I didnt see any.

Way to go valve!

Originally posted by Calm_Blue_Ocean
I'm dead certain that the docks scene and the next scene (Father Gregori's 'traps') are only a stone's throw apart. You can see the windmill from the top of the roof when the Combine guards arrive (good eye Infiniti). You can also see the crane.

Not convinced that it's the beginning of the game, unless Father Gregori is the first guy you meet... He takes you in, hides you from the Combine... explains how to get in touch with the resistance... then gets killed or has to escape.

Damn, that sounds pretty convincing actually.:eek:

Originally posted by anarchy
Are they going to make the crowbar leave marks like bullets do? Im not complaining or anything, I was just curious because I didnt see any.
Seeing the way they implemented the crowbar (they made it so that an actual object is flying through space) it will probably take a chunk out of the object it hits (depending on the object of course) instead of leave a bullet hole as in hl1 [/guess]

Also just noticed that you can see the church/monastery from the roof as well. Except that it's not a western-style steeple, as it appears from the docks, but an eastern orthodox domed spire. This is of course more fitting for the eastern European theme, so perhaps they replaced the western church with a more appropriate one after the docks scene was built.

Back