Documentation

O

Old Fox

I've been thinking of getting the Silver package. My question is what do I do for game documentation? How do I find out what the controls are, etc? Also what if, after all this downloading, the product doesn't work? I'm 61 yrs young and on a limited budget. I can't afford to pay for things that don't work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and by the way, I can't wait to get my hands on this so I can start shooting things!

Thanx
Tom

Hmm.. if you're lucky, they might provide a .pdf manual, but its doubtful.

Essentally, you would need to learn the keys from the option menu, and you would hope there was a good training section in the game.

(I may be wrong though)

Old Fox said:
I've been thinking of getting the Silver package. My question is what do I do for game documentation? How do I find out what the controls are, etc? Also what if, after all this downloading, the product doesn't work? I'm 61 yrs young and on a limited budget. I can't afford to pay for things that don't work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and by the way, I can't wait to get my hands on this so I can start shooting things!

Thanx
Tom

A 61-years-young gamer? That's cool! I've kind of wondered if I'll still be into games when I get older. (I'm 20 now)

Anyway, I'm sure the game will come with a readme or 2. You can usually check controls by looking at the options menu. If it doesn't work.. well, you might have to go through a bothersome return procedure involving e-mails and such, or maybe it would be perfectly quick and easy. It's hard to say. Hopefully HL2 will run on most systems.

The best idea would be to check GameFAQs or a similar site when the game comes out. If Valve don't provide documentation (which they should), then no doubt a fan-based manual or help document will appear sooner rather than later. :)

TriggerHappy said:
A 61-years-young gamer? That's cool! I've kind of wondered if I'll still be into games when I get older. (I'm 20 now)

I think he means 16..... typo?

No, I mean 61. You're only as old as you feel. Well maybe I'll wait till the retail version comes out. Kinda like having it on a nice solid DVD. Was looking forward to playing DOD Source, however. Oh well, I'll think about it a little more. Got plenty of time.

i boguht the silver pack, didnt come with any info on CS:S but it did give me a receipt i could print out. just go to the options menu, im sure its going to be WASD just like normal and there should most likely be a training session somehow

well, they keys shoul be easy enough to set ingame. WASD for movement and mouse for look!! ROCK ON AMIGO!

Old Fox said:

Thanx
Tom
In the very rare occasion that the game doesn't work, all you'll need to do is delete the Half-Life 2 cache files (Delete local game content... through the game properties) and you'll be able to re-download it free of charge.

It's very rare that something like this would happen though because of the way the cache files are handled and downloaded. I find .zip files to be the biggest pain in the arse, but I don't think you'll see similar problems with the .gcf cache files.

EDIT: DavEor, that signature is way too big. Please check the forum rules out - you'll notice that signatures are required to be four lines or less.

I believe you will get a .PDF file. I'll ask Doug tomorrow

Back