DoD 2

^^ not really, I play it because it's a great game. Maybe you should try it before bashing it...

Originally posted by )[eVo]( Para
That's odd because a lot of people have complained for the same reason Hudson pointed out. Lag is a tremendous problem is BF: I'm on a 1mb dsl connection and I still have to lead targets; a 100ms in BF translates into a 200ms ping in HL, that's how I feel it :)

But it's still one of the most fun MP games out there at the moment, I just love ramming jeeps into Panzers. :D

well, first of all, BF has built in ballistics, although not completely realistic, it does amount to leading, second of all, i'm on a 768 dsl connection, i NEVER experience lag

actually, i don't see that many people complaining about BF at all

thats because the people who dont like BF are all drown out by the the people who are more like

"derrrrr bf is s0 funx0r it has planes derrr"

IMO if your going to do a game on a war -any war - do it right. By that I mean a fairly realistic environment. Sure it would be frustrating if it were 100% realistc but some things need to be sacrificed for gameplay. However, DoD ATM has too much gameplay and not enough realism. The M1 Garand is just sucky and every American rifleman gets owned by some n00b with a KAR98. So many times I have been exchanging shots with a Grenadier and then I get killed only to find out the guy is on 10 health. So that game isn't about being the better rifleman, just who has got the better gun.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
its called controlling your weapon. In DoD I dont even use crosshairs, i use an Iron Sight pack i downloaded, and I still freakin own. One thing I dont like about it going retail is the influx on CS noobs who go "omfg wtf bs h4x0r u killed me 1 shot!!!.

well i know, i CAN control it, I just dont like it, but oh well, what can I do besides enjoy the game as it is?

Isn't that just part of game-realism? One rifle gets instant kill but has 3 seconds between shots (if you miss, you're fcuked), other rifle doesn't kill instantly but fires much faster. I believe that was how it was in DoD (last time I played it). The sniper guns were similar. It's just about balancing really. It would only be 100% fair if both teams used the same gun.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
thats because the people who dont like BF are all drown out by the the people who are more like

"derrrrr bf is s0 funx0r it has planes derrr"

fine, believe what you want, obviously i'm not gonna change your mind

Originally posted by BWMASTER
I wish they would introduce a medic class.

I cant remember how many times I was cought with little health and just wanted to scream out....

MEDDIIIC!!!!!

lol

In previous versions you COULD shout 'MEEEDDIIICCC!'.... its just there will be no one to help you... :E

Hey... I still scream "Medic!" into the mic... for dramatic effect! :)

then people will think you hurt your penis

meeeeeeeeeeee diiiickkk(irish accent)

hmm...lol

Back