DoD crashes randomly

O

ottermanic

Half way through playing DoD:S, it freezes. I was gonna buy the game but it's really put me off. Does anyone know why it freezes?

After restarting my PC after the freeze, a message comes up saying 'CPU overheat error'. Just so you know, I haven't been overclocking my PC.

I got a feeling i'll never get this fixed, just someone please try and help :[

i get catastrophic crashes with DODS too - locks up the computer so badly that I have to pull the power :(

youll never find the answer, its the same with all steam games, its so ****ing hard to get help anywhere

Are all the fans in your computer still working? :|

Buy a new fan for the proccesor and one for the case. It's pretty cheap and easy to set up.

No no no, don't buy anything new for your PC. I have the cream of the crop for PCs, and DoD: Source would still do that for me. Just mess around with settings, particually the sound settings, and you should be fine.

yeah...I've tried messing around with all my options and the game still freezes up on me...I don't know what is going on but I can play CS:S on the same setting and not have any problems...its just DOD:S where I hit the brick wall...any help would be appreciated.

I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?

Funny you should say that. I play at lunchtime online with my work buddy (we have 2 pc's). His is a lot newer than mine, yet his one crashes everyday and mine doesn't.

And like $kelet0r said, it's bad enough to have to pull the plug. Honestly, it really is that bad, I'm not some nub who can't use a computer.

Back