DoD:Source Video

Heh, looks precisely like old DoD in my opinion.
Didn't look too encouraging to be honest.

Murray said:

yeah. all this time and work and it looks damn near identical to the origional DoD. Not very impressive IMO.

I wanna hear the mg42! :(
And FFS, how many times does it have to be said that DoD:S isnt even finished! Of Course it looks identicle to the old one, the new models arent even in the beta yet :rolling:
The maps look awesome though.

Rocketman9mm said:
yeah. all this time and work and it looks damn near identical to the origional DoD. Not very impressive IMO.
they only wanted to convert the mod to source, no remake was planned like CS:source, so IMO, I am not dissapointed, because there werent any plans to do a remake like CS:source in the first place

EVIL said:
they only wanted to convert the mod to source, no remake was planned like CS:source, so IMO, I am not dissapointed, because there werent any plans to do a remake like CS:source in the first place

Though it does beg the question, "what's the point?". Plus I'm not happy that I'm paying for something I already have for free.

the cost for cs:s is ok, but i dislike them charging extra for dod:s. though it does make sense, being on the source [hl2] engine.

but yeah .. not much else to say about the video except that the player needs to stop whoring that spot.

if they are just gonna toss in source's physics its not worth paying for.

Says I havent got the codec, what coded is it?

azz0r said:
Says I havent got the codec, what coded is it?

It's a .avi so you probably need DivX for it

I think it looks way better. Smooth for one. Sure the player models don't compare to CS:S or HL2 but they are just the old ones. The map looks awesome though. People get so spoiled so quickley they don't even realize how bad DoD originally looked.

EVIL said:

When they said "95% port" they meant gameplay wise. Snooping around the DoD boards, I found out that the plan is to redo all of the models, maps, sounds etc - just like CS:Source, posted by a dev in a thread asking about it. I'm sure when it's actually done, it'll look as good, if not better than CSS. (Well, I hope)

Murray said:

Gee, haven't heard this a lot :dozey: . It's a BETA people, gotta have some faith, levels look amazing, physics are working. let's just wait a little while until we have say,,,, PLAYED it before judgin it?

All you can do is point those that think it looks like the same game to this thread, and if they still can't see that DoD:S is a vastly better looking game then they have selective eye sight. I won't try to sway peoples views as they have made up their minds before they posted it, but I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

Murray said:

ah... the level of detail has widen the atmosphere in the maps...

regular dod does look much better than source... a.k.a the shittiest mod for hl2 ever made

Grand Architect said:
All you can do is point those that think it looks like the same game to this thread, and if they still can't see that DoD:S is a vastly better looking game then they have selective eye sight. I won't try to sway peoples views as they have made up their minds before they posted it, but I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

Exactly, anyone who says it's 'near identicle to DoD 1.3' should start taking their head out of their arse.

Comparison 2:
http://www.hlportal.de/images/content/dod/levels/flash2.jpg

http://static.justgamers.de/0/8/images/dodsource/dod_flash0006.jpg

I'm still apprehensive about paying for it though if all we get is souped up graphics and Havok physics. Didn't they say something about a full one-player at some point. That would make it worth the extra dosh.

DoD looks much better..... They said they are going to get the game out with as much upgraded art as they can squeeze in, but they would rather have the maps and all that upgraded first (because with the player models they would most likely have to redo all the hundreds of animations)

So yea it looks way way way better :) Oh and this is BETA... It's not made by the exact same guys who made CSS (same company of course) and DoD isn't really a flagship product for VALVe (counter-strike is really the thing people think of when they mention valve multiplayer games)

Be happy its upgraded though :) And 10 dollars extra for HL:S DoD:S and the current backcatalogue is worth it!!!

PvtRyan said:
Exactly, anyone who says it's 'near identicle to DoD 1.3' should start taking their head out of their arse.

That too, DoD:S looks really good, if they released now I'd still buy it no matter how long it took to change the models, etc. If you like playing DoD you would have no issue to pay for DoD:S.

They need to get the game WORKING first before they start making the pretty. Common sense.

I like the first movie on the page. At then end, when the dude walks into the grenade and gets flung into the sandbag? That was awesome.

Grand Architect said:

That is awesome... lol I messed up my facts..

kmack said:
Gee, haven't heard this a lot :dozey: . It's a BETA people, gotta have some faith, levels look amazing, physics are working. let's just wait a little while until we have say,,,, PLAYED it before judgin it?

the graphics in beta's generally resemble the finals.

also, what's the point of having these videos/screenshots if we can't say something about them.

Back