Does anyone even use mousepads anymore?

Do you use a mousepad?

• Total voters
I still use a mousepad. I tend to pick up and reposition the mouse a lot because my desk is cluttered, so I prefer something soft to put it on so it doesn't get all scratched up. My mousepad is just a free advertisement one. I can't use the ones with a wristpad because having something contact my wrist constantly reminds me about carpal tunnel syndrome, and then I start imagining my wrists hurting.

The last time I used a rollerball mouse was 4 years ago. Whenever I tried to move it to the left, it wouldn't respond (although it was fine going in any other direction). Also, it made squeaking noises.

I don't as the computer now has a laser mouse. But to be honest I prefered the feel of our old ball mouse. Maybe we just have a crap laser :p

I use a Ratpadz XT. It's extremely durable, easily washed, and the mouse just glides over the surface.

r0.JPG

Ratpads get worn smooth in high traffic areas in my experience, so I gave up on this one after using up two of them. I managed to track down a dying breed of "hard plastic rough mousepads" in the form of one made by Everglide. Remember them? Yeah, they nearly put themselves out of business with their particular type of plastic that never seems to get worn. Wiping it with my bare hand about once a month is the only cleaning it needs and the ridges haven't lost one ounce of their coarseness in the three years I've had it.

Looks like this one. God no that's not my mouse.
everglide2.jpg

i use a $5 cloth mouse pad from office depot. Feels much more smoother and precise than using just the desk or something. "gaming" mouse pads are all hype imo.

That's what I said about gaming mice long ago too. And considering all the equivalent hype behind these gaming mouse pads they're probably something better. Though I still need my gel/foam pad on the bottom to keep my wrists alive.

I've stopped using them altogether. At home and at work. The reason being: I lost both of them. I didnt notice any difference without them so meh, one less thing to spend money on.

I'm still using my rat pad from around 5 years ago... My brother won it in a CD 1.6 competition.

I'm pretty sure it sold for about $69 back in the day, rather good pad that works well.

I have the Orange Box mousepad, which sits below my Qck Steel mousepad, which sits below my Razer Galiathus mousepad. Its a pyramid. The Razer mousepad was a present and I won the Qck Steel mousepad at a CS1.6 Competition.

My mouse "twitches" if I use one, so I guess I need a new mouse. Or a new mousepad.

I saw this thread and was like "people don't use mousepads, wierd."

Then I moved my mousepad to see what its like without it. Its better, the mouse moves much faster, and the "wrist rest" was kinda hurting more then the actual desk does.

Voted yes, but now it seems a no would've been better.

I got rid of my mouse mat. I found my mouse charge lasted longer and it moved more freely and accurately without it.

My mouse "twitches" if I use one, so I guess I need a new mouse. Or a new mousepad.
If u mean that the pointer goes in a random direction every once in a while that's because the mouse itself is a cheap piece of crap. A mousepad can help that but only very little, I recommend a better mouse first and foremost. MX518 personally recommended.

I had a Logitech mx518 and an extra large wowpad, and I thought it was the greatest mouse and one of the best pads.

About a week ago I got a Razer Deathadder and an X Trac Ripper pad and it's at least 50 times better. It's just much better in every single way. The only gripe is that the scroll wheel is a bit stiff, but I guess it will get better as I get used to it and it gets broken in.

Using a mouse pad is great for very sensitive mice (like 1800dpi), as without the slight friction, simply double-clicking can be troublesome since when you click the mouse moves slightly, causing you to accidentally move folders or whatever.

It definitely depends on the mouse what kind of surface to use. I have a Microsoft Arc mouse that my brother gave me, and it's much better on the desk itself than on the pads I tried.

A very smooth pad can be very slick, which might be good for low dpi mice, but it gets sticky, where cloth pads absorb oils and sweat.

Personally, I read the reviews at newegg. I find a pad in my price range and read the reviews where I can find other people that have the same mouse, saying whether it works well or not. With the many different technologies behind mice these days, and the many types of mouse pads, the choice isn't so simple any more. Some mice flat out do not work with some pads, becoming completely spastic and untrackable.

51480-mousescore07.png

(2007) http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1300293&page=5

I love a graph that doesn't label its axes. Or even include a title.

Sitting here wondering what that number along the x axis could possibly be.

I love a graph that doesn't label its axes. Or even include a title.

Sitting here wondering what that number along the x axis could possibly be.

If you click the link below the graph, you'll see the X-axis is for the MouseScore. How this said MouseScore is ... err ... scored, isn't clear to me yet.

I knew I could probably find out what the numbers were by clicking the link, but a proper graph is supposed to have labels and title included.

Learned that shit in elementary school.

Clearly Deathadder has the longest graph. I wanted to bring attention to the length of it's graph as well as its overall position at the top of the chart, without going into trivial details such as what it means.

Not blaming you for the inadequacies of the graph.

The graph is awesome and informative. I won't stand for anyone incrementing their post count discussing otherwise.

Not blaming you for the inadequacies of the graph.
No, I didn't think you were, I wasn't being serious.

I was aware when I posted it that it wasn't properly labeled and therefore meaningless. However, because the Deathadder is clearly the leader of the graph, I posted it anyway.

You see, with the Deathadder clearly leading on both axis, the graph appeared to support my claim that it was a truly great mouse. Therefore, it really didn't matter to me if that chart meant it had the leading failure rate or if it was the best mouse to place into your rectum.

Again, I'm not being entirely serious. For entertainment purposes only.

No, I didn't think you were, I wasn't being serious.

I was aware when I posted it that it wasn't properly labeled and therefore meaningless. However, because the Deathadder is clearly the leader of the graph, I posted it anyway.

You see, with the Deathadder clearly leading on both axis, the graph appeared to support my claim that it was a truly great mouse. Therefore, it really didn't matter to me if that chart meant it had the leading failure rate or if it was the best mouse to place into your rectum.

Again, I'm not being entirely serious. For entertainment purposes only.
Failure rate is kindofa joke to me though. Do you move your mouse at 4m/s? I'm pretty sure I don't.

Oh god, why are my posts taken so seriously.

Failure rate? Is that actually a term used to describe mouse movement or something?

I was talking about a RED RING OF DEATH kind of mouse failure, (reliability), not whatever failure you are talking about. I read the article two years ago.

I believe you are describing negative acceleration. Yes, I have experienced negative acceleration with other mice before.

Back