Does anyone have PC Format (UK)

Dowie

Reaction score
I saw it in a shop today and on the front cover it says they have an article revealing details about Half Life Episode 1 and 2. Just now I have no money to get it, I was wondering if anyone had a copy and if there was anything new in it.

I read a little about episode 1 in PC Gamer yesterday and they said something about there being plans for more episodes than that. Episode one would end with a cliffhanger ending (big surprise) and not be that very long of a game. Same goes for the other episodes as well, I'd guess. Also they would be released within fairly short timespans between each episode.

I guess thats a no then, no-one has bought PC Format.

Also I never said there were just going to be two Episodes, I expect between 4 and 6.

nutcrackr said:
I'd like to see that.
That's what it said. Although it's highly doubtable VALVe would manage to keep up to it of course.

Valve already said there would be 4 episodes and the 4th will have a standalone plot and developed outside of Valve.

I would like to see the PC Format article.

Perhaps it mentions what Episode 2 will be about :D

And the great thing is, Episode 2 is near completion.

I noticed it in the store as well, but again, had no money on hand :p

Ok Samon you provide a distraction at a newsagent and I will grab a magazine and run.

I was surprised that PC Gamer UK had no info. Instead, they chose to tell us about Battlefield 2142, a game that I have no interest whatsoever.

PC Gamer sucks. You know, it amuses me that I live 30 minutes away from you, monkey :p

Samon said:
PC Gamer sucks. You know, it amuses me that I live 30 minutes away from you, monkey :p
PC Gamer UK> You.

Where abouts do you live like? Sunderland? HA!

i like 'edge'... anyone live near highbury/islington/angel/holloway/hackney in london?

The best written magazine I have read is OPS2, but I don't buy that anymore, since I got a PC.

i stopped playing games really, the only one i play is half life. i wish i had more time for them. DAMN GIRLFRIEND RUINED MY LIFE!!!

drunkymonkey said:
PC Gamer UK> You.

Where abouts do you live like? Sunderland? HA!

PC gamer UK fails at almost everything it does. And naw, not Sunderland. Just below Newcastle...

Samon said:
PC gamer UK fails at almost everything it does. And naw, not Sunderland. Just below Newcastle...
OMG STFU LOL. It's a great magazine, it is teh funnies! The reviews are always good and they have some great exclusives (they were the first to review Half Life 2 and preview Aftermath, etc).

Just below Newcastle eh?

Yeah, small town...see if you can guess it :p
30 minutes away.

PC Zone is the better magazine.
Anyhow, anyone gotten ahold of Format yet?

Samon said:
Yeah, small town...see if you can guess it :p
30 minutes away.

PC Zone is the better magazine.
Anyhow, anyone gotten ahold of Format yet?
Well, I don't actually live in Newcastle, more sort of... around... in a small town actually. I might pick up a copy of PC Zone next time it's out, it depends what is in PC Gamer UK.

Back