Does anyone know?

$kelet0r

Tank
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the old BBC nuclear survival broadcast that was to be played in the event of a nuclear attack is available on the web
i failed to find it :(

Was that the really dodgy one telling people to make shelters under the stairs or the one saying how futile it would be doing such a thing?
The latter was banned from being aired because it would have caused too much fear.

It would protect you from fallout thow....Wouldnt it :(
*Disbands Shelter*

Volvo 940 turbo diesel (pure mechanical engine, no no to electronics) with NBC sealing and filtration. (along with reinforced bodywork, defensive weapon systems etc)
NBC suits and s10 respirator with HEPA filters.
Tinned beans and rice pudding.

That's my idea of surviving a nuclear attack

short recoil said:
Was that the really dodgy one telling people to make shelters under the stairs or the one saying how futile it would be doing such a thing?
The latter was banned from being aired because it would have caused too much fear.

I believe the futile one was a leaflet which was produced in the US during the coldwar. It gave you a list of things to do before the bombs start falling, then the last thing on the list told you "to put you head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodbye!"

I believe that the BBC one is the one where people were more scared of the person speaking the dialogue than the actual falling bombs :D

There's also that cartoon, where the old couple are like "Bombs!" and then the old guy says "Get in the shelter, bitch!". They sort of have an argument, but they're all happy when they die of radiation poisoning.

All I remember is the commercial with the family sitting at home, then they hear a bomb, and jump under the table, and when they look up, they are in a crater, but the table safe.

Then the MiG machine guns take them out. :)

That always made me laugh.

On this topic i recomend a documentry made in the early 80's or something called "threads" it's quite interesting.

Back