Does CS:S lag more then CS1.6?

Reaction score
Im sure it would to some estent, but how bad would the lag be for someone on 56k? I've just started playing 1.6 online with about 190-220 ping, and im not going to get adsl untill early next year.

CS:Source lags more than 1.6, atleast for me... I don't know how much it will lag on a 56k, but I'm sure it must lag more than 1.6...

Not for me.

I used to average 70 ms ping on 1.6, but on CS:S I usually get around 30 ms. Dunno why that would be tho.

Seen players play with 56K modems on CSS, they are usually between
300-500 ms. And it´s a pain in the ass cus they just lagg around.

To everybody with 56K modem UPGRADE. If you can´t do that don´t play CSS

Krilla said:
Seen players play with 56K modems on CSS, they are usually between
300-500 ms. And it´s a pain in the ass cus they just lagg around.

To everybody with 56K modem UPGRADE. If you can´t do that don´t play CSS

I'm on a modem connection and pull around 200ms. I'm still able to win against you 100ms and lower players. People won't upgrade becuase you say so. Please remember some people CAN'T get a better connection in their area.

LOSER i can win 2 with 200ms

listen you crazy guy if you lag like that people cant hit you because you jump all over the place so it isnt fair to all "normal players"
just dont play plz dont **** it up for all dsl players plz plzzzzzzzzz. :p dude sry but dsl iant that exspensive so just take it its about 26 euro's so like 30 dollars a mounth.

Obvoiously Counter-Strike: Source will lag more than 1.6. CSS has more things it need to send to the server. Plus the strain on your CPU because its a very detailed game.

i don't have any problems with lags with CS S, think it works great

smiley_mr.T said:
listen you crazy guy if you lag like that people cant hit you because you jump all over the place so it isnt fair to all "normal players"
just dont play plz dont **** it up for all dsl players plz plzzzzzzzzz. :p dude sry but dsl iant that exspensive so just take it its about 26 euro's so like 30 dollars a mounth.

Obviously, you don't pay for your connection, so you can shut up about how expensive it is, really. Actually its the broadband players that ruin the game when 56k'ers are playing. Don't say they don't, because they do.

56k'ers need to play their own servers. We who pay for faster connections, don't do it so that someone can come, lag and ruin the whole game for us. I know I'm sounding rude, but we just don't feel bad for the poor guys with slower connections and think the fault is with us.

I dont know never had such a high ping before , for myself i cannot play normal when my ping is higher then 100 get less kills etc , so with that ping it has to be crap to play

<?>..::ButcheR::

Not really.. just more goin on so lower frame rates at times.

smiley_mr.T said:
I think euros are worth more than the dollar now.. go infaltion!

i do believe that source has a lot more to do with your video card.. so if you have a better card you will lag less.

eccozmaig said:
i do believe that source has a lot more to do with your video card.. so if you have a better card you will lag less.

I little suggestion. When you don´t know what your talking about
SHUT UP.

Do you seriusly think that if you buy a better video card
you´ll get a lower ping.

CSS has a smoother feel at high pings than 1.6. I haven't noticed that I lag more, but the game feels better.

Krilla said:
I little suggestion. When you don´t know what your talking about
SHUT UP.

Do you seriusly think that if you buy a better video card
you´ll get a lower ping.
it's true though. i have a 56k modem and after buying an x800XT, my ping has dropped from 2000 to around 60 most of the time :p

not as many servers as 1.6...
with 1.6 i can get pings @ 16-18
with cs:s pings are @ 30-50

i think the lack of servers for right now lowers the possibility of lower pings

Of course it lags more than CS 1.6. I use to get 100 FPS constant on 1.6. I droped down to 70 now. I use a Radeeon 9700 Pro too.

Back