Does Gordon have a daughter, and if so will she be in the game?

S

Srekel

I just started playing Half-Life again from the start, and I found something I haven't heard of before - Gordon's daughter! Right in the beginning, when you've walked out of the tram, and you open your locker in the dressing room, there is a photograph of a baby girl. Heh, when I think about it, it could just as well be a baby boy!

The first thing that struck me (after "wtf, gordon has a daughter??") was "Could it be Alyx!?". But then, isn't HL2 about 15 years in the future (from HL1), and Alyx looks like she's 25-ish?

Or it could of course be that Gordon has some random photograph of a baby in is locker, like a niece or something. One thing though, the baby is black and Gordon is white, so it kind of has to be an adopted baby (if it in fact is his) or the mother has to be black.

I searched the forums for "daughter" but didn't find anything, so I hope this is a new discovery. :)

Attachments

• gordons_daughter.jpg
    gordons_daughter.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 394
not his daughter...it was one of the developer's babies. This has been discussed, I would try searching for baby picture or something.

This has been discussed quite a lot before but admittedly it's one of those things that would be tricky to search for with the Search button. I doubt I'd be able to find it.

However, when we discussed it before, we realised that in the HL1 manual it has a letter to Gordon Freeman inviting him to work at the Black Mesa Research Facility, and it says something about him being able to live on site as he has no dependents etc.

Therefore we concluded that it must be a relative such as a cousin or neice/nephew :)

Welcome to the forums by the way :cheers:

gordon has no next of kin, i believe its mentioned in the manual or the trainride at the start.

its either someone elses child, or gordon himsef.

Ahh, thanks. What was I thinking - of course it is widespread knowledge amongst you guys! :D

I don't think I have read the manual actually. I wonder if it came with my HL: Generations..

Also, Alyx is Eli's daughter. And the race of the baby is up in the air, he/she could be white or black, the contrast in that texture makes it kinda ambiguous. A light skinned black or a dark skinned white, lol.

I was wondering about that myself. I guess the picture is nothing.

Srekel said:
I just started playing Half-Life again from the start, and I found something I haven't heard of before - Gordon's daughter! Right in the beginning, when you've walked out of the tram, and you open your locker in the dressing room, there is a photograph of a baby girl. Heh, when I think about it, it could just as well be a baby boy!

The manual clearly states that Gordon has no dependents. This has been discussed 11,195 times already.

The first thing that struck me (after "wtf, gordon has a daughter??") was "Could it be Alyx!?". But then, isn't HL2 about 15 years in the future (from HL1), and Alyx looks like she's 25-ish?

Alyx is Eli's daughter, as has been very, very clearly stated by Valve a million times.

Or it could of course be that Gordon has some random photograph of a baby in is locker, like a niece or something. One thing though, the baby is black and Gordon is white, so it kind of has to be an adopted baby (if it in fact is his) or the mother has to be black.

Or maybe Valve isn't making Half-Life: The Bold and the Beautiful.

Cybernoid said:
Alyx is Eli's daughter, as has been very, very clearly stated by Valve a million times.

Maybe that's just what VALVe want us to think. It'd be a twist in the story if Gordon turned out to be Alyx's father and Eli just brought her up because Gordon disappeared. Though of course that'll mean that there won't be any hot love scene between the two.

Back