Does Half-Life 2 has Co-Op Mode?

S

Sphenoa

Where friends can play together against computers. (Not just putting bots but actual mission)

HL2 will surely have that on MP. Secret Mp, remember ?

Llyranor said:
SvennCoop2 will support it.
unless it's 782367 times better than sven co-op 1, i'm not interested.

making every battle a war of attrition (ie. enemies having an obscene amount of health+ better weaponry) isn't a good way to convert the game. i'd prefer a halo-style mode.

epmode said:
unless it's 782367 times better than sven co-op 1, i'm not interested.

making every battle a war of attrition (ie. enemies having an obscene amount of health+ better weaponry) isn't a good way to convert the game. i'd prefer a halo-style mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add more monsters and degrade some of the weapons efficiencies.

There is a normal style coop for sven.

There will be plenty mod teams making a co-op mode. We just need to see which one i best.

Welcome to the forums :)

I think its is a coop op mode in the new Larry game :naughty:

MaxiKana said:
There is a normal style coop for sven.
there is?

because everytime I have played it with friends, we play through HL1 Single player on coop, and it would be fun if it were just normal coop (read: nothing added, nothing taken away), but I dont see an option for that.. instead there are enemies with 2billion health, that come in droves....

its retarded, 90% of the time we merely run past the enemies because its not fun fighting them, because they take all our ammo and patience to kill.

I mean one time, my brother in law and I were fighting a horde of enemy grunts... the spawn was an inch away from them and the only way we could kill them is by spawning firing one shot each and dieng again. atrition indeed.

I dont want extra weapons, I dont want beefed up enemies, I dont want any extra crap, I just want vanilla coop to play through the game with a friend.

Raziel-Jcd said:
There will be plenty mod teams making a co-op mode. We just need to see which one i best.

Welcome to the forums :)

don't take this the wrong way bro, but... you assume that about everything.

It's not there? oh well someone will make it for us.

Buy Serious Sam 2 (November) for cooperative shooting of insanely large numbers of guys.

Mr. Redundant said:
there is?

because everytime I have played it with friends, we play through HL1 Single player on coop, and it would be fun if it were just normal coop (read: nothing added, nothing taken away), but I dont see an option for that.. instead there are enemies with 2billion health, that come in droves....

its retarded, 90% of the time we merely run past the enemies because its not fun fighting them, because they take all our ammo and patience to kill.

I mean one time, my brother in law and I were fighting a horde of enemy grunts... the spawn was an inch away from them and the only way we could kill them is by spawning firing one shot each and dieng again. atrition indeed.

I dont want extra weapons, I dont want beefed up enemies, I dont want any extra crap, I just want vanilla coop to play through the game with a friend.

Amen, although you can change the difficulty in a cfg file. The way I see coop, is multiple players playing through the single player game together, not some retarded map with hordes of super enemies. Like Quake 2 coop, or System Shock 2, Halo, Serious Sam, etc, those were awesome. I wanna be able to play HL2 sp with my friend. Halo did it very well, so I don't see why it can't be done.

GuNzABlaZiN said:
Amen, although you can change the difficulty in a cfg file. The way I see coop, is multiple players playing through the single player game together, not some retarded map with hordes of super enemies. Like Quake 2 coop, or System Shock 2, Halo, Serious Sam, etc, those were awesome. I wanna be able to play HL2 sp with my friend. Halo did it very well, so I don't see why it can't be done.

same, Co-op should be like that.
So... what's Sven??? I don't know anything about them

Co-op is the most underated multiplayer when it comes to developers. So many people want it, and the good co-ops are few and far between.

Well, if a mod does make coop (for assuming 2-4 people max) of sp hl2, it would be stupid to leave the same amount of enemies. I think doubling the amount of enemies, and making them a bit stronger is a good way to make a coop game fun and challenging.

Isn't it possible to get svencoop through steam now?

guinny said:
Well, if a mod does make coop (for assuming 2-4 people max) of sp hl2, it would be stupid to leave the same amount of enemies.

On one hand, it wouldn't be stupid to leave the same amount of enemies if you leave the same amount of ammo so the players have to pool... but then I think once you get the gravity gun in HL2 you have unlimited ammo so then... ya need more enemies or beef them up. :D

Sven Coop does allow you to play through the original game with buddies. Don't bash the mod just because you don't see people playing those particular maps.

I happen to like the monster-bashing nature of Sven Coop, even if that does include monsters with health in the thousands. It's packed with neat features, it isn't competitive, and it's just plain old fun. I anticipate more Sven Coop action for HL2.

In any case, wasn't there something going on between Valve and the Sven Coop team? I can't remember the exact details.

alehm said:
On one hand, it wouldn't be stupid to leave the same amount of enemies if you leave the same amount of ammo so the players have to pool... but then I think once you get the gravity gun in HL2 you have unlimited ammo so then... ya need more enemies or beef them up. :D
as long as it is ballanced

svencoop for hl1 went overboard, big time.

Mr. Redundant said:
there is?

I run a server every once in a while and we just play Normal HlSP.
Just like in the Original HL, I dint even know there was a version with lots of enemies. There is always a shortage when i run my server because everything dies to fast, exept headcrabs. Those bastards jump at you.

You can edit the difficulty in svencoop by messing with the skill.cfg, but that only changes the default monster values. Many maps use map-defined monsters that will still have a jillion health.

Sven Co-op is becoming worryingly similar to CS in the sense that people are making custom conversions of basic maps (with help from entmod and all manner of text files). I just don't get why so many people play MegaMonsterMassacre-style converts so much :hmph: (No offence DeathBog, although I presume you're dead or something).

Anyway, SCII should, god willing, be a more or less direct port of HL2's SP campaign: we just don't know what the final game will support and/or contain at this point in time. The one thing which makes me feel happier is the rumoured support for multiplayer "revisiting" (i.e., allowing "hub" maps like Blast Pit to work), murdering one of the original SC's flaws immediatly.

Back