does the hacker know he is guilty of Blackmail as well

N

nibbles

plz post your opinions, by threatening to release more of Valve's property unless they do something consitutes blackmail in my book, damm and if he was hoping for some cushy Cisco Job after he done his probation, i guess he better get used to prison food.

Definiton
black·mail
1. use of secrets to compel: the act of forcing somebody to pay money or do something by threatening to reveal shameful or incriminating facts about him or her.

2. coercion: unfair threatening or incriminating of somebody, as a way of achieving a result

That wasen't the hacker. It was some newbie who wanted fame, posing as the hacker. The hacker announced this when he released something else.

yeah, i guess it would work, but i personally dont think he has anymore, why else would he be releasing the hl1 ports...

Under the laws of most civilised countries I believe you are innocent until proven guilty, hence the hacker is "allegedly guilty of whatever" and nothing more.

wow, all three of us posted at the same time... it's another conspiracy (see barney calhoun: conspiracy thread)

hehe, im sure Valve's lawyers already thought of that :D

also, how does he get enough time to write all those peom's and stories AND hack.

Even if he had said that, I think the fact that he'd hacked and stolen copyrighted material is slightly more important.

If they sue him/her for possible damges to reputation and Havoc licenceing issues, I expect a blackmail allegation is the least of his worries!

I hope they wrap his nuts in bamboo leaf and stick him in the sun.. ROFLMFAO

I love saying that, maybe one day I will get to see it ...

question you should be asking is this:

"Does the hacker give a shit?"

I am sure the hacker could give a fUk less, but he may not be singing that song after his encounter with ButtfUk|n Bubba and his cellmate Bruiser and the Butt Bongo Band...

He he

Originally posted by hunteraz
question you should be asking is this:

"Does the hacker give a shit?"

exactly what i was going to say.

Bravo!

Back